No box day for us I think :-(

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
homeschoolmumNZ

No box day for us I think :-(

Post by homeschoolmumNZ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Well our books were taking ages to arrive and I was worried .I now know where they are.... stuck being held hostage by our customs in New Zealand.They want over $100 extra in fees and tax because according to them we are 45 cents over the total amount allowed not to pay tax.BUT they only reason that is because they have worked it out on the exchage rate when it arrived in the country and NOT when we ordered it ( when we MADE SURE we were UNDER the limit)...and for some reaosn they added in $10.00 postage ( the american amount for postage).

Please will you ladies pray for us that we somehow find this money in the next two weeks or so otherwise they will send back our books to America and we will have lost everything. Things are real tight here as my husband designs houses and has very little work right now with the recession . It looks like we will not able to use HOD after all now.I am gutted.We hope and pray we will find the money to get these books here in time but of course will not be able to order a set again.
Please pray for me ladies as I am feeling really down right now as I really felt God had led us to HOD. I guess I was wrong.

Heidi in AK

Re: No box day for us I think :-(

Post by Heidi in AK » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 pm

No, mum, please don't change your mind. I think the enemy is trying to sabotage your and your DH's obedience. God is sovereign, and is in control over this situation. I'm praying, but I also ask you to be open to where God might be leading you to get the funds to pay the fee or pray for the exchange rate to shift so that they will not hold your materials hostage any more.
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

homeschoolmumNZ

Post by homeschoolmumNZ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.The exchange rate will not chage now as it is worked out by them when the books arrived and they will not work it out on when we ordered...My husband argued with them on the phone and spoke to the supervisor etc .Their answer was too bad....this is our system .

My huband thinks we have to put it on VISA and just wear the extra cost and hope we have the funds to clear visa when it is due( we never do that...we always pay up front) .This will give us a longer time to find the money.

URG..maybe it is the enemy trying to stop us!! I had not thought of that.

beverett

Post by beverett » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:28 pm

PRAYING for you!!! I am asking the Lord to release the books, or bring the extra money!!=) He will provide for what He has called you to do! I cant wait to hear how it all works out?=)
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 pm

SO sorry for this situation you are going through! Praying for you!!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:28 am

I will be praying that things will work out for you according to God's plan. Do not despair, the devil has many ways to thwart our plans, but God is all powerful.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:29 am

Praying for you ... :hugs:
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 am

That is just so wrong! I am praying for you. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 am

Is your limit per order? Perhaps Carrie and Mike could split your order into two separate ones? You could have the one box shipped back and then have two smaller orders arrive. Would that work?
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

homeschoolmumNZ

Post by homeschoolmumNZ » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:53 am

Yes the limit is per box/order.So next time I will have to make sure I do a smaller order.We have learnt from this. We will get some of the books from book depository which has free postage to NZ, and just order the HOD exclusives and whatever is not available from BD. Thsi will NOT stop us using HOD we have decided as we are sure God made it clear this would be a good fit for us.
Thank you for all your prayers ladies.

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:23 am

Is there any more update?
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

homeschoolmumNZ

Post by homeschoolmumNZ » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:06 am

Yes..my hsuband used our credit card to pay and we are awaiting the books.This gives us another month to pay.Thanks for all your prayers ladies.

NicoleJ

Post by NicoleJ » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Oh dear! What an absolute pain!! Hoping it all smooths out for you and you get your box day!!

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Ugh! Praying His provision!
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:44 pm

My hubby told me you got your books a few days ago. :D I'm so glad that you have them in hand and that you are enjoying them. :D

Blessings,
Carrie