BOX DAY!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gotpeace91

BOX DAY!!!

Post by gotpeace91 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:14 pm

We got our box today!! :D :D :D :!: :!: :!: We got Resurrection to Reformation and everything looks SO wonderful. The Shakespeare pages are very beautiful, as are the student notebook pages! I can hardly wait till next school year! I said to my husband, "now I can't wait to get done with the work that we're on now so we can start the new ones!" He said, "well just skip it and go to the next one (joking...i think)." He has no idea how tempting that is to me. I felt like he was playing the part of a little devil on my shoulder. LOL :lol: I know we still have lots of great stuff ahead in CTC so we will stick with it to the end. :) Just wanted to share the excitement of our Box day! :D
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

beverett

Re: BOX DAY!!!

Post by beverett » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:58 pm

I am sooooo excited for you and totally agree!! :D :D We also got all of our new school in this week (RTR, Preparing, and LHFHG), and I said the EXACT same thing to my husband and kids :D :D :!: I just cant wait for next year, because I am enjoying this year so very much... Looks like we will both be doing RTR so I hope you enjoy, although I am positive that we WILL!! :D :D
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! You're right, everything looks SO beautiful!!

Looks like all 3 of us will be together in RTR next year!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Daph

Post by Daph » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:58 pm

It's so cool to see moms who've used HOD before, get so excited about school. :D
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Yep Daph, you've noticed an important benefit with HOD. I knew from the first year that this is THE curriculum for us. :) Thanks Heather and Beverett. I look forward to enjoying the RTR guide alongside you. :D
~Leah

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Leah,

I also noticed that we have both been married since 1994, and you have a 12yo in CTC this year, and I have a 13yo in CTC this year! How fun!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:01 pm

I can't wait!! I got some items "used" from a momma who tried HOD and didn't stick with it. I still have many more items to order and just haven't yet - I am trying to be a good girl and wait on the $$$ to actually be available to me (and not use a credit card!). I will be joining all of you in RTR with my oldest son (and Bigger with my youngest). :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Congratulations! You are going to love RTR! We are doing ti again this coming year. I am really excited to share it with my next batch of kids. We are also still on CTC and I agree that is wonderful too. :D Enjoy! It is great to love what you are doing and also where you are headed. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:30 am

I'm so excited for you! We have many years before we get to RTR but I love looking at all the older programs and drooling over them :D
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Heather4Him wrote:Leah,

I also noticed that we have both been married since 1994, and you have a 12yo in CTC this year, and I have a 13yo in CTC this year! How fun!! :)
Oh wow, that's neat Heather! My "12yo" son actually turned 13 in November I just haven't updated my sig yet. So that's even more cool! :D
Tree House Academy wrote:I can't wait!! I got some items "used" from a momma who tried HOD and didn't stick with it. I still have many more items to order and just haven't yet - I am trying to be a good girl and wait on the $$$ to actually be available to me (and not use a credit card!). I will be joining all of you in RTR with my oldest son (and Bigger with my youngest). :)
That's great Rebecca! Good job for waiting on the $$$. It will be better that way. In my case it was a matter of "get it while we still have the bonus check before it's all gone" :lol: Looking forward to doing RTR with you. :) If I remember right your son is a good artist. I look forward to seeing more of his work. :) I feel bad that I haven't kept up the the Week in Reviews very well.
water2wine wrote:Congratulations! You are going to love RTR! We are doing ti again this coming year. I am really excited to share it with my next batch of kids. We are also still on CTC and I agree that is wonderful too. :D Enjoy! It is great to love what you are doing and also where you are headed. :D
Thanks water2wine! :) It is fun to have so many kindred spirits on here.
Samuel'sMommy wrote:I'm so excited for you! We have many years before we get to RTR but I love looking at all the older programs and drooling over them :D
Thanks Stephanie! :) You will be here before you know it. :wink:
~Leah

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Leah,

I'm so excited that you are excited! :D We are loving RTR this year with my third son and have learned so much and have had such wonderful discussions. We pray RTR will be a blessing to your family too. :D

Thanks for sharing. You filled my cup today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:37 pm

HOORAY for box day! :D We are almost done with RTR - it has been such a good year. I love paging back through my ds's History Student Notebook, and even his Shakespeare Notebook turned out to be beautiful (this from my child who scribbled black crayon over everything when he first began coloring :wink: ). If you had told me 7 years ago when we began LHTH that my ds would be doing the work he is doing now in RTR - I really could not have fathomed it. :shock: It truly is amazing how dc grow and learn, and how the Lord and HOD bring them along. You are all going to have such fun with RTR next year - I will have to relive it vicariously through you! :D (That is, until I get to do it again with Riley. :wink: )

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Julie and Carrie Thank you so much! I know from past experience with HOD that RTR will be a wonderful blessing for us! :)
~Leah