Thoughts on My Book House?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mylittlewomen

Thoughts on My Book House?

Post by mylittlewomen » Wed May 01, 2019 5:14 pm

(Is it ok to ask this here?) One of the reasons I love HOD is that it is conservative in its approach to literature, including fairy tales and myths, etc. I have a daughter who devours books after school-time, and I'd love to have a set like "My Book House" for her to just pick up and read in her spare time! But is it in line with HOD's careful standards? Everyone raves about it, but is it edifying? I won't be able to read every volume before she does. I noticed somewhere that Carrie said she has this on her bookshelf at home, and wondered what she and others think about it! Thanks so much!
Janelle
Married to my best friend for 12 years
Mama to 3 sweet girls, ages 6, 8, and 10
Working Bigger with my oldest two, and Little Hearts with my little one!

my3sons

Re: Thoughts on My Book House?

Post by my3sons » Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 pm

We bought the My Bookhouse set and enjoyed the first several books in the set! We only made it through the younger part of the set, as our children preferred reading individual chapter books by the time they were older. I don't remember anything questionable, but it is easy to preview and skip any selections if you'd like to. We found it fun to order from HOD the DITHOR sets we didn't get to for free summer reading once our children were older. I loved this because I didn't want our kids to miss any of the DITHOR books in the book packs - even the girl interest ones, and I have sons. :wink: But for the younger years, we truly enjoyed the My Bookhouse set! Hope this helps!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mylittlewomen

Re: Thoughts on My Book House?

Post by mylittlewomen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:22 pm

Thanks, Julie! That helps! :)
Janelle
Married to my best friend for 12 years
Mama to 3 sweet girls, ages 6, 8, and 10
Working Bigger with my oldest two, and Little Hearts with my little one!