CTC New 2016 edition changes

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
CDSmoak

CTC New 2016 edition changes

Post by CDSmoak » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi,
I just got my new 2016 edition TM and basic set plus the Illustrated Bible Stories (2014), which is gorgeous I might add. I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the Bible stories for Quiet Time since there is no longer verse #'s indicated in the book. Any ideas about how to handle the highlighting and beginning of the prayer? Since this is our first year with HOD and I am trying to encourage my son to become more independent I want to keep it as simple as possible.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Cheri in TN
Mom to girls 24 & 21 (homeschool graduates)
and boy 11 (w/LD's)
2016 - CTC
18 years homeschooling and counting

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: CTC New 2016 edition changes

Post by Carrie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:27 am

Cheri,
I am so glad that you like the new illustrated Bible. We are enjoying using it with our own son. As part of the plans, kiddos are meant to highlight the noted Scripture verse in their regular Bibles so that is what we are having our son do. The plans are written so families can use their regular Bible or the new illustrated Bible. Hope that helps!

Blessings,
Carrie