Deep Thoughts From a 6YO

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

Deep Thoughts From a 6YO

Post by Jaimejac » Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:19 am

We are in Week 18 of Little Hearts and the week where I presume the book about Paul from the Visual History Set will be used. I liked this and the Valentine book so much I got the whole set (available from VOM Books for only $20!) Anyways, the first book is about Stephen the Martyr. After reading it my son says...

6YO - Mom, are people still killed today for preaching about God?

Me - Yes, sometimes in other countries. But not where we live.

6YO - That's just not fair! They can say mean words, but they shouldn't be killing people!

Of course, we know we shouldn't say "mean words" either, but I understood what he meant in his 6yo way!

Thanks HOD for sparking such great conversations!
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

RSmith

Re: Deep Thoughts From a 6YO

Post by RSmith » Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:02 pm

Thank you for sharing your sweet story. Those VOM books are really great, and I’m excited HOD is using them!

I’m so thankful we have a curriculum that gives us so many opportunities for heart to heart conversations with our kiddos. We are so blessed.
Rebecca
Married to best friend for 12 years
Mom to…
7 yr old boy (Enjoying Beyond, loved LHFHG and LHTH)
4 yr old girl (Enjoying LHTH)
Baby Boy (Enjoyjng watching his siblings)