GHILLM as a group Bible study??

If you have used "God's Hands in Life's Little Moments", please share your experience with us.

wdworkman

GHILLM as a group Bible study??

Post by wdworkman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:08 pm

Has anyone used this book for a Mom's Bible study? I've been wanting to start a homeschool Mom's group next year & this seems perfect.

I was thinking about a monthly meeting - 2 chapters a month. Maybe group e-mails to eachother with our thoughts as we read during the month. I've never tried to start a group from scratch on my own. Any suggestions??

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi Janet! At book fairs, I've had lots of moms purchase it for that purpose, so I think that would work out great! I have started a few groups from scratch, some grew to be big and some stayed small. Both definitely have pros and cons. I think that if you have the thought to start a group, that this is a thought that is God-inspired, and you should definitely do it! If you have personal stories you have thought of that apply to the devotional, be sure to share those, because that really makes it comfortable for everybody else to share more too. I LOVE your idea of emailing - that makes the time open and some people feel so much more comfortable emailing rather than discussing. The way that Mary does the weekly HOD check-in seems to work well. Maybe something like that would work? Only email-based? It helps to have a day to shoot for to share, or before you know it, the week has suddenly passed! One other thing I had to learn the hard way is that many moms are so busy that they may come to the meeting having not done the study material. Just be prepared for that and don't take it personally - as I did a few times. :oops: As the leader, you'll put the most time into it, and the benefit of that is you'll get the most out of it too because of that dedication! I pray God's blessings your way as you start this, and may He put your group together in such a way that each person brings something special to the group!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:47 pm

I just started a homeschool group at my church about a year ago! I had wanted to and tried to several years ago, but it didn't work till this time. :-)
We actually just wnt through some books to use for our mom's study, we chose a differnt book ( a parenting book) but we all decided we were putting God's Hands...in the pile for the next time around! I think it would be perfect for a group study. We thought about doing the devotions at home, then doing the "wrap up" days together and discuss what our week was like. We meet about every two weeks or twice a month, generally.
Good luck and have fun!!! we are really enjoying the fellowship we get from other homeschool moms.
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink: