The personal stories

If you have used "God's Hands in Life's Little Moments", please share your experience with us.

6timeboymom

The personal stories

Post by 6timeboymom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:53 pm

I read through...whatever day (I forget easily...I"m old now...:lol:) but the day that talked about walking beans! Julie!! :lol: :lol:
My parent's still farm. Now they have roundup ready beans! I heard that info from my dad and thought, "SURE they do!! now that I'm done WALKING them!!!" :lol: My boys didn't really believe me I think, that we actually walked up and down the rows. We carried corn knives and pulled/hacked the weeds, though. Until my dad bought a bean bar for the front of the tractor-I once said, "nah, I don't want the umbrella I want to TAN." Which turned into "I want to turn the color of a lobster fresh out of the boiling water!" :lol: Thank goodness my dad knew better then to say "I told you so!!" the next day!!

So thanks for that trip down memory lane. I think... :wink:

I also got the MWS Album from itunes-I got a new i pod for my birthday and I feel so technological now! :lol: What a great album-we sing a lot of those songs in our church services already, so they are very familiar to me. I love them all! great choice in music!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:42 pm

I tried the tanning one day too. Not a good idea! I'm as fair as fair can be, so I never tried to tan riding beans again. We used corn knives too - I still have a scar on my shin from being over zealous whacking at a weed! Round-up ready spray - must have been a girl like us that thought of that! What a dream come true?!? So glad you are enjoying the devotional. I do not have an ipod yet - but I'd love one someday when I can sit down and figure it out. Is it hard to figure out? (Remember my issues with just the "quote" feature on this board before you answer!). Glad we could stroll down memory lane together with our bean walking!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:43 pm

I tried the tanning one day too. Not a good idea! I'm as fair as fair can be, so I never tried to tan riding beans again. We used corn knives too - I still have a scar on my shin from being over zealous whacking at a weed! Round-up ready spray - must have been a girl like us that thought of that! What a dream come true?!? So glad you are enjoying the devotional. I do not have an ipod yet - but I'd love one someday when I can sit down and figure it out. Is it hard to figure out? (Remember my issues with just the "quote" feature on this board before you answer!). Glad we could stroll down memory lane together with our bean walking!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 am

well, as for the i pod...how old are your boys, again? :lol:
my 14 and 12 yr olds taught me all I need to know. :lol: But really, it's an easy gadget.
Darci

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:17 pm

6timeboymom wrote:well, as for the i pod...how old are your boys, again? :lol:
my 14 and 12 yr olds taught me all I need to know. :lol: But really, it's an easy gadget.
No chance my boys will teach me the ipod yet - they're 8, 5, and 1. :cry: Nor my non-techie hubby. :wink: I'll probably just wait for my brother-in-law to figure it out and ask him! Or... perhaps by the time I can get it, my sons WILL be able to teach it to me! :wink:
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:21 pm

My dad uses roundup ready beans too. I never walked the beans, but I spent my time on the tobacco setter which we also used for planting the strawberry fields. We wore very UNstylish straw hats with very wide brims!

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:12 pm

my mom used to work for a company that sent her to S. Carolina all the time, and she brought home little toy tractors of the tobacco farming equipment. It was so neat-to see the different things other farmers need to plant/harvest other crops was cool! She also brought home some of the red dirt-we've never seen anything but dark, black dirt before!

Julie, it's ok! it's really pretty easy to figure out! :-) I can loan you one of my boys-they are always available via email! :lol:
Darci