Any HOD on the panhandle of FL?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Ang3079

Any HOD on the panhandle of FL?

Post by Ang3079 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:01 am

Hi, my name is Angela and I am new to all of this. I have a little girl who will be 6 next month and I am taking the plunge and have decided to homeschool her. I found HOD from a good friend and just fell in love with it :) We are military-Army and are moving down to Eglin AFB on the panhandle of Florida ( Crestview, Ft.Walton Beach area) and was wondering if there were fellow HOD folks down there? I am a busy military mom of three little ones so any encouragement I can get I will take. Also, I was just wondering, I have been working on and off unofficially with my little girl and was wondering whether or not I should get Little Hearts for His Glory 5-6 K5 or 6-7 1st grade and then do Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory 1&2 grade next year?? She is very bright little girl and already seems to know so much including her letter sounds and some words.
Thanks for any advice and encouragement :D
Angela
Angela

DD 6 LHFHG
DS 3
DS 1

mamayi

Re: Any HOD on the panhandle of FL?

Post by mamayi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Angela,
We are also a military family who moved to Pensacola in May. We're starting our fifth year with HOD and love it!
It is such a joy to homeschool with such a well-written and Christ-centered curriculum.

As for placing your daughter, have you checked out the placement chart? That's the best tool for selecting the right guide - although it would be my best "guess" to start her with Little Hearts For His Glory as she fits right in the age range and the content is right on track with the interests and abilities of most 6 year olds. Going through that guide first would set her up for success in the next guides.

Welcome to HOD and homeschooling and I think that you will find a lot of encouragement from the ladies here on this board. It would be great to have a "Panhandle" support group as well!

~Andrea
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

Ang3079

Post by Ang3079 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi Andrea,
We move down there this week so I have been busy packing and then everyday activity with three kids, but I would like to meet up sometime if you would like. Pensacola is about 50 miles from Crestview, I believe. I decided to do a mix of of K5 and 1st grade of Little Hearts for His Glory based on where I think my daughter is. I know most everyone has started school but with the move I am waiting until Sept.

Sorry it has taken so long to respond, but thank you for your feedback :)

Angela<><
Angela

DD 6 LHFHG
DS 3
DS 1

christina101902

Post by christina101902 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Im further east near Tallahssee. But yay to the FLorida HOD moms :D
Christina

Desiree 5-LHFHG K
2- 1yr olds- dancing and singing along

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:17 am

Best wishes on your move Angela. PM me when you get settled and we'll make plans to get together.
Wish you were closer Christina!!
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

julieabird

Post by julieabird » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 am

Hi.

We are in Niceville Fl :D
Julie R

ds 7 BLHFHG
dd 5 LHFHG

Ang3079

Post by Ang3079 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:28 pm

We should all try to get together very soon! I was over in NIceville the other day dropping our Penske truck off. We found the Walmart and Chick-fil-a :) We will start school next week so when we get into the swing of things I will PM you both, Andrea and Julie so we can set up a time to get together. Christina, wish you lived closer too so we could all get together!
Angela

DD 6 LHFHG
DS 3
DS 1