Finish the last 4 units or move to next?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jenntracy

Finish the last 4 units or move to next?

Post by jenntracy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:18 am

i think i already know my answer but i just thought i would see what you all think. we didn't quite finish and August 1st is our starting date for school. we go year round. we had a baby this year and took some time off, not to mention when pregnant we did 3 days some weeks. we have had 8 days of swimming lessons and 2 different VBSs where i thought we would get school done but not really.
i just figured we would finish up and call it the next "grade" or "year". i would hate to not be able to close on such a great curriculum. Though they are anxious to start their new guides. Me Too!

JEnn D.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

twoxcell

Re: Finish the last 4 units or move to next?

Post by twoxcell » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 am

I would just pik up where you left off and finish. If you are starting in August that should still give you plenty of time to finish both.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 am

agreeing. I would finish it off before moving on. That would give you an easier start to the new year anyway with the little one and then you have excitement building to start the new course.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 pm

I have 5 weeks left of BHFHG, and we're just finishing. We'll both have a familiar guide to come back to, and then a fresh start about a month in - it should work and we'll have the finale of finishing the guide! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Or, you could just call the last 4 units a "review" if that makes you feel better! :D I kind of told myself that when I realized last year that we would have about 6 or so units of Bigger to complete at the beginning of the school year. I ended up being glad he started up with something he was familiar with...I think our school year definitely started out smoother b/c of this! :D
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm

I would absolutely finish the guide, have a celebration, and then start the next one. :) It is only 4 weeks!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.