We're back for more HOD!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Anna

We're back for more HOD!!!

Post by Anna » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:14 pm

After spending this past year moving our family, remodeling the new house, and seeking intensive therapy for our oldest dd, we are back to HOD! Because of all of the time commitments, this past year was spent doing the 3R's via workbooks. What a yucky year of school. We truly missed the wonderful times of Bible study that Carrie weaves throughout the HOD guides! I noticed how it affected me spiritually as our school days became work only for the sake of academics, and not academically challenging school days for the glory of God, centered on Christ. We are so thrilled to be starting Bigger... with our 2nd & 3rd graders, and Preparing... with our 5th grader! I can't wait for the heart training... I need it more than my kids! We will also be taking turns keeping the 2 yr old in check, and welcoming a baby at Christmas time. This year is going to be a good one!
Anna
dd -10
ds -8
dd -7
ds - 2
baby due 12/22/11

8arrows

Re: We're back for more HOD!!!

Post by 8arrows » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Yes, when the focus is on Christ, everything is better! It sounds like you had a wearisome year. You deserve a great one now, and baby years are always fun (and buy). The delivery is even perfect timing for a break. Have a great year.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

GinainMD

Post by GinainMD » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Welcome back and Congrats!
Gina
married to dh 2000
dd 12/01 Bigger
dd 08/03 Bigger
dd 03/07 LHTH
dd 06/08 LHTH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Welcome back, Anna! :D I hope you have a terrific year and that you'll share it with us here! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Anna,

Welcome back! :D We pray you will have a bit calmer year and that the Lord will richly bless your time spent with HOD! We look forward to journeying with you! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:47 am

Anna wrote:I noticed how it affected me spiritually as our school days became work only for the sake of academics, and not academically challenging school days for the glory of God, centered on Christ.
Welcome back, Anna! :D I love how you described the differences in your years with/without HOD. That is exactly what I would say the difference was for us, too! You'll have a WONDERFUL year, I'm sure! You will be blessed as you are in God's Word with your kids!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH