Message from above?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
alydar

Message from above?

Post by alydar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:03 am

So as some may know I've had some frustration regarding our schooling. Hopefully, we are past that and I'm ready to drive on full-steam ahead starting Monday morning.

So this morning we all went to our 9:00 church service. This one is usually small compared to the 11:00 service so my kids are the only ones that do children's church up front. We have a new minister that started last week but we didn't go last week so this was our first "meeting". So they get up there and the minister asks them right off, "What holds our lives together?" Immediately, DD5 spits out "GOD!" :mrgreen:

Well, the minister didn't seem to know what to say after that. :lol: Then he got his thoughts together and started saying things like zipppers, thread, etc. hold our lives together, nails hold a house together, etc. but our faith in Jesus is what truly holds us together. The funny thing is is that DD totally blew his whole sermon out of the water before he could even start it! :lol: Needless (and shamefully) to say, I was puffed up bigger than a bullfrog. :oops: :D And my mother gave me a big elbow in the ribs! I am so very proud of my kids and their comprehension of spiritual matters.

If I had any lingering questions about what direction to take our homeschooling I think the good Lord has put the cherry on the sundae this morning. :D :D :D

Thank you HOD. Thank you Carrie and Julie for your enduring support and to all the ladies here. Thank you for helping us keep Christ in the center of all we do. It is showing so beautifully in my children and I couldn't be happier! :D :D :D
Whitney

DS 10.5
DD 8.5

DS 5.5

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalm 103:1

Dustybug

Re: Message from above?

Post by Dustybug » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 am

:mrgreen:

2 thumbs up to that!
Dusty
Mommy to
Gabriella (7) BLHFHG, ETC, Song School Latin
Aron (5) TMJ's Fruit for Tender Hearts, ETC, Singapore Essentials Math K
Lydia (3) Learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
http://www.tothemoonandbackblog.net

Anna

Post by Anna » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:23 pm

This is exactly why we are back with HOD after a year away!
Anna
dd -10
ds -8
dd -7
ds - 2
baby due 12/22/11

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:31 pm

How awesome! It's so nice to hear a testimony like that. The spiritual impact that our HOD curriculum has on our dc continually amazes me. It's funny, I haven't really been missing school so much over the summer (because I've been really busy with other things), but I have been missing that time to spiritually connect with my dc. I see so much more growth in character and godliness when we are doing school. I miss that. Thanks for sharing. It really does my heart good to hear you encouraged and ready to continue your HOD journey. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

I'd have been proud too. How wonderful!
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks so much for sharing! Often there's more going on in those little heads than we think! :D The Lord is so good at encouraging me too just when I need it most. :D

Blessings,
Carrie