I am so excited...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
DHT1999

I am so excited...

Post by DHT1999 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:09 pm

I just had to share my excitement! I have spent alot of time in prayer this spring as I sought God's "for sure" :D will for my boys for next year. As some may recall, we used HOD for our first year last year (and had a GREAT year) and then used something else this year, only because of a "scope & sequence" issue. My intention all along has been to come back to HOD for next year but various things came up and I wasn't sure just what to do after all. I am one of those type of planners that have to put everything on the table for consideration and then slowly remove things as I proceed with the planning. I just wasn't sure because I needed the Lord to show me what to do. I continued to pray and seek God and boy has He ever laid HOD on my heart again!! Just like it happened when we first tried HOD!!

I am so thankful for the peace that God gives when we seek Him in simple faith. And, not just peace, but absolute joy!! I am so happy for my children, so thrilled that they get to experience "school" in this wonderful way. My boys are going to love their programs. I know they are going to learn so much. Neither of them will be skipping a guide; we will pick up just where they left off.

I am really, really excited now that I know what He would have us to do!! We already have all of Bigger Hearts with the Extension Package for my son who will be a 4th grader. Even though we have been studying American History this year, I have kept Bigger Hearts tucked away so the books still look brand-new and will be fresh for my youngest son. I plan to order Creation to Christ with the Extensions for my older son for his 7th grade year.

Well, just had to blab!!
Peace,
Donna
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

my3luvs

Re: I am so excited...

Post by my3luvs » Tue May 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Welcome Back!!! :)
Karen
Starting our first year at home with HOD-PHFHG [July], mom to DD [9] and DD [5] LHFHG, DS [1/19/99-11/21/03]
http://hitchenacademy.blogspot.com

LivinNandByHim

Post by LivinNandByHim » Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 pm

What a wonderful testimony. We are eagerly anticipating the start of our HOD journey this fall. JOY is an exquisite place to be, and I am thankful for your reassurance that prayer is the key. God bless your family as you learn this year, trusting and following Him. Congratulations!!!

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Tue May 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Yay!
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

psreit

Post by psreit » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:52 pm

It does give such peace. :D I have been sure of HOD since I found it more than a year ago. I know the Lord guided me when I went searching. Even among all the vendors at convention, I still have that peace. We will be doing Beyond this fall. I am anxious to get started, but we need summer break first, and then my dd's wedding before we start. I anticipate even a better year, now that we are grounded in HOD! :D :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 am

Welcome back, Donna! :D I have been praying for you as I know you've been asking the Lord for clarity. I am so glad He has given it, and I'm excited you'll be doing HOD! Hooray, hooray! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Donna,

I'm so glad that the Lord has drawn you back to HOD! :D We will look forward to sharing the journey with you this year. :D Thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm and for sharing an update. It blessed my heart today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie