Which guide covers Ancient Rome? CtC or RtR

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
flydena

Which guide covers Ancient Rome? CtC or RtR

Post by flydena » Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 am

We will be new to HOD this fall, and are starting with RtR. I am wondering if Ancient Rome is covered in CtC or where CtC leaves off and RtR begins. I know it starts with the Resurrection, but Ancient Rome in other curricula is covered in whole, not in part, and I don't want "gaps" in our history. I've been very thorough in covering Ancient History thus far, and we are trying to finish out our year, but I'm not sure where to stop in Ancient Rome? Hope this is making sense! And, I know some of you will say....HOD is not based on a history cycle, but more on academic level...YES, I KNOW THIS, and my kiddos have properly been placed, I'm just curious now because I don't want gaps in our history study.

Actually, if someone could point me to where I could find like a table of contents for CtC and RtR, I could figure this out, but when I looked on the website, it just does a week at a glance and a day at a glance. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? Thanks so much!
Dena
Completed LHTH w/ DD3 & taking a yr off to grow into LHFHG
Completed PHFHG w/ DD2 & taking a yr off to save CtC for Jr High
and Completed RtR w/DS1 & moving on to Rev2Rev for High School
and I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE FOUND HOD!

mom2fiveboysnc

Re: Which guide covers Ancient Rome? CtC or RtR

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Mon May 16, 2011 11:27 am

Flydena, if you click on each guide then click on the introduction and table of contents that should give you a pretty good idea of what is covered. The overall view of each guide also has a section called "Christ Centered" and it gives a brief overview of the content in each guide. From looking at this I would think Ancient Rome is covered in CTC and not so much in RTR. I don't have the guides in front of me to verify this so I could be totally wrong. Also, DITHOR has it's own guide and is only mentioned in the guides as a possible reading/lit program. There are no instructions in the guides for DITHOR. You would need to refer to your DITHOR TM for that. HTH, Cheryl
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

flydena

Post by flydena » Mon May 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks so much! I think I've figured it out! :D
Dena
Completed LHTH w/ DD3 & taking a yr off to grow into LHFHG
Completed PHFHG w/ DD2 & taking a yr off to save CtC for Jr High
and Completed RtR w/DS1 & moving on to Rev2Rev for High School
and I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE FOUND HOD!