Bigger? Miller pads and Papers.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
twoxcell

Bigger? Miller pads and Papers.

Post by twoxcell » Wed May 11, 2011 1:10 pm

I just realized Miller Pads and Papers is going to be at my state convention, so I was thinking I would get the paper products I need for Bigger from them. What all did you buy as far as notebooks for Bigger Hearts?
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

my3sons

Re: Bigger? Miller pads and Papers.

Post by my3sons » Wed May 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Miller Pads and Paper has such good art products, and I love to get my things from them and support them as well as they are a small family business! :D I'm so glad they'll be in your area. I like to read through the whole "Introduction" of a guide to make my materials list, just because there are some options about how to do things - so as I link how we got ready for Bigger Hearts, just keep in mind that you can make different choices based on personal preferences too...

Pics of Getting ready to start Bigger Hearts:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5531

This link may be helpful too...
Supplies for BHFHG:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4257

HTH - have fun shopping! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

twoxcell

Post by twoxcell » Wed May 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks Julie :D
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

mamaduke

Post by mamaduke » Thu May 12, 2011 8:09 pm

I have seen on their website a composition book with guided lines on the bottom and blank on top for drawing. I don't know for sure what they call it. These work great for nature journaling (not necessarily part of HOD written plans) but especially for the copywork. I haven't actually started Bigger yet. Am I correct in thinking there is a drawing day for the poetry much like in Beyond? I have used a mead journal much like the above, but it is poor quality. The pages are thin and see through. They bleed if markers are used, so we only use colored pencil. Still, works fine, but I'd prefer the nicer book since I'll probably keep it.

HTH,
Julie
Julie
9yo ds completed Little Hands, Little Hearts, Beyond, and currently in Bigger
6yo twin girls completed Little Hands, currently in Little Hearts
4yo ds alongside
1 yo darling dd, stuffing crayons in her onesie
#6 due in April!