OT - prayer request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heidi in AK

OT - prayer request

Post by Heidi in AK » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:38 am

Hi friends,

As you might know, we are at the Christian school this year...more of a step of obedience than anything. God has confirmed and affirmed the fact that it was His idea for me to be teaching at the school this year, and I needed that affirmation over and over again, as well as this year of teaching.

Blessings:
- a discovery of my passion for homeschooling and scriptural passages to guide our family
- finding and settling on HOD
- a honing of my philosophy of homeschooling before we get started
- a formulation of praxis for homeschooling
- new friendships through the school
- a change of pace for a year, after being home with my babies for 4
- a discovery that the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence, for those days when I wonder if homeschooling is something we need to continue
- many more too numerous to list

Challenges:
- schedule and home life
- keeping up with administrative requirements for school
- dealing with other people's kids rather than my own
- some very challenging students and despite the fact that they should not be at the school, they are

This has been an amazingly challenging year. I'm sure I'll blog about it because it's been fodder for our submission to the calling to homeschool. To write about it now would take too long.

I had three incidences of disrespect from my freshmen just yesterday. They are in a class of 9, and five are the significant challenges, in addition to a sixth that has already been expelled. Just thinking of going to school makes me want to get sick so I don't have to go. :(

I am somehow comforted by the suffering Jesus endured on my behalf for my own sin and the sin of humanity. I am crushed by the fact that these children have been introduced to Christ but want nothing to do with Him. Consequently, they are making being at school unbelievably challenging for me and being at home unbelievably so for their parents.

Please pray for these children, first and foremost, for their wavering relationship with the Lord, and ultimately for their salvation. Please pray for their parents, who love Jesus and don't know what to do. Finally, please pray for me and the other teachers and administration that we will be able to carry our our jobs with love and discipline when necessary and FINISH STRONG. Thank you.
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

holyhart

Re: OT - prayer request

Post by holyhart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:51 am

praying for you and these children :cry:
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:03 am

Praying for you and your students, Heidi!

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Heidi--so sorry! This must be SO hard!!
I'm praying for you, the kids, the parents, etc.!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM