Workboxes and HOD...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
shaffer96

Workboxes and HOD...

Post by shaffer96 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Does anyone use the workbox system with HOD? Does it work well with this curriculum?
DD 8 - BHFHG
DS 5 1/2 - LHFHG
DS 4 - Enjoying preschool toys and workbooks.

tjswaine

Re: Workboxes and HOD...

Post by tjswaine » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:15 pm

In Him,
{Jess}
2012-2013:
Logan ds {10} ~ Preparing, SM 4A, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Connor ds {8} ~ Preparing. SM 2B, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Charlene dd {4} ~ The Reading Lesson, SM Earlybird, C-rods, Verbal Math Lesson, etc.
Evan ds {1}
Quinn dd {0}

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:53 pm

We do, and it works amazingly wonderful! :)

The boxes in the HOD guides lend themselves perfectly to workboxes!
I just number the boxes in the guides and fill the workboxes each night, for the next day, in the order we want to do them. (Usually, I keep the subjects/boxes in pretty much the same order every day, and we have a "groove" going with that, but you could easily change them around if you wanted.)

It also helps to make sure you have the supplies you need for each box ready to go (although with HOD it's never anything complicated to prepare).

Then, each day, our dd takes the boxes one-by-one and gets her school done using the manual to guide her what to do with each box. I also have "work with mom" posts on the boxes that are "teacher-directed" or "semi-independent", and she just tells me when she is up to a box that I need to do with her. It works really well and keeps us organized.

After she is done with each box, she puts them near our workbox shelf, and I go through, checking everything, and re-packing them for the next day.
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:02 pm

We do and love it! Not necessary, but very helpful. :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:00 am

If space is limited, it is very helpful. I switched to boxes using one of those multi-drawer on wheels carts and I love it. Now I just put the stuff in the drawers that will be needed for the next day and we are ready to go. I really don't have "school room" where I have all supplies stored, so definitely an improvement for us!
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC