Question about Verse memorization CD in LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
laurabelle1317

Question about Verse memorization CD in LHFHG

Post by laurabelle1317 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

In Little Hearts for His Glory, does the verse memorization CD go along with anything else in the guide? Or can any other verse memorization and verse music CD be used?
JayBird, 4.5y/o using LHTH
JellyBean, 2y/o copying Big Brother doing LHTH

We're blogging! Check out my new (and first ever) blog as we share all that we are doing with Little Hands to Heaven, and more! http://www.IntoTheirHearts.blogspot.com

Kathleen

Re: Question about Verse memorization CD in LHFHG

Post by Kathleen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 pm

The verses to be memorized are in the Bible study box. The devotionals that you'll read go along with the verse themes, as well as the history for the day. Carrie ties the verse idea in with the history theme for the day with the key ideas in the box. Then, most days, the CD has you singing the verse, too (which helps memory). There is not always a song to go with the verse though, as a few times Carrie has chosen a memory verse that is not on the CD. But, that's the exception, not the norm. :wink:

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

my3sons

Re: Question about Verse memorization CD in LHFHG

Post by my3sons » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:42 pm

As Kathleen said so well, the verse goes along with so much of the plans. The entire left side of the guides are connected with each other as much as possible, and work together to give a full picture of the history theme. This kind of tying together of the Bible and history has done so much for my dc to view history as being in God's hands, not in man's. The total separation of Bible and history I experienced when attending ps caused much confusion for me growing up, and I feel that much of my homeschooling experience as a teacher has been working to undo that. I think you'll love the inter-connectedness of the music with the Bible verse, with the devotion, and with the history theme each week! It is what helps it all "stick" in our dc's minds over time (and our minds as moms too - I often find myself singing those verses in times of need too). :wink: HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie