success in LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gazelle

success in LHFHG

Post by gazelle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 pm

We are slowly going thru LHFHG with my eldest two ds and dd. We accomplished Unit 13 Day 4 yesterday after much grumbling and delays. Then, I thought" Ok I'll push myself and make the bread suggested in the Science discovery" (I make bread twice a week by myself, never with the children). Ultimate Success! My ds, who has sensory issues, kneeded the bread on the table, I told family history stories about making bread, we talked about how women made bread in Jesus' time and then..... they ate their cooked bread! My ds said, as he was eating," thanks mom for hsing us. Thanks for using this program. I love it!" YES! Thanks God, for that pick me up after the Long week! Thanks, HOD for helping making my schooling doable.
Karen
Married to my love and best friend 16 yrs
Ds 11 Preparing, rightstart math D
dd 8 Preparing, rightstart math C
ds 6 LHFHG, rightstart math A
dd newborn (my gift from God)
Done Little Hands, Lhfhg, Beyond, Bigger

pjdobro

Re: success in LHFHG

Post by pjdobro » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Neat! It sounds like such a fun afternoon for your family. I am so glad that God blessed your time so greatly with your children! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm

What a blessing for you and your children. :D These are the things our kids will remember later on in life, in spending quality time with them and taking time as hsing Mom's for our kiddo's being willing to set our schedule aside! I hope that the rest of the year will be a blessing and that the Lord will have more of these touching moments for you and your family :D :D
We are in unit 10, so I am looking forward to it, since I am the one who usually makes bread in the family and usually not even think about involving the kids. This will be good for me to set my own agenda aside and have the kids make bread!! :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

solagratia824

Post by solagratia824 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Rejoicing with you! My kids also enjoyed that lesson. :D

What a blessed opportunity you had to share family stories as well. So neat. Hooray for HOD!
Camden

Homeschooling mama to...
ds 1st (Beyond)
dd preschool (LHTH)

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Rejoicing with you!!! :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:30 pm

I am so glad you posted this! I won't be in LHFHG until fall, but I am not someone who would even consider making my own bread. Ever. But since I happened upon your post and the rewards you have reaped in the program (and in sharing the breadmaking with your children), now I know to force myself to do it when I get there! I would have skipped that activity otherwise :lol: Thanks for sharing!
Kristin