Scheduling?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
twoxcell

Scheduling?

Post by twoxcell » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm just wondering how you all schedule your school day especially if you are using multiple guides. Next year I will be doing Bigger, Beyond(possibly half speed?), and Little Hands. This year I'm doing Beyond, and Little Hearts. Right now I kinda rotate back and forth between my two big kids.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

abrightmom

Re: Scheduling?

Post by abrightmom » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Have you looked at this ?? It's a sticky at the top of the Main Board and it is titled "Let's share our schedules!" Have fun and be inspired. :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

twoxcell

Post by twoxcell » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks I'll take a look later.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

TammyTE

Post by TammyTE » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:31 pm

If you look at page 5 of the above linked thread there is a post a couple down on the page from somone doing similar levels.
~Tammy - Wife to One and Mama to Five

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:41 pm

We are doing RTR, BHFHG, and LHTH right now, and I'd be happy to share my schedule here:
Image Image

I also have a "Charts" section on photobucket with past year's schedules too, in case that may be helpful:
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/ ... o3/Charts/

The "Let's Share Our Schedules" thread is a great resource too! Here are a few other good reads when it comes to schedules:
Schedule Suggestions by Carrie:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4615&p=34067#p34067

Schedule or Routine?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5244

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

MrsMandy

Post by MrsMandy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:53 am

Julie
Your schedules are wonderful, I will be doing the same levels you are now, this fall. I love the idea of a body, room and chore check and how the olders work with the youngest. I am wanting to do something like that. I try it now but the two older boys start playing with my DD2 toys and she wanders off to start trouble with the one I am working with. Maybe it will work better once they have teaching to do, LOL
Mandy
Married to, Craig, my HERO since 2000
Mom to 3 with #4 due 02/12
Deirdre 2 LHTH
Connor 8 BHFHG
Bradley 15 CTC (and then some)
http://www.emptymelord.blogspot.com/

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks! I need my schedule to get done what needs to get done each day - it keeps me happy and sane (most days). :lol:
MrsMandy wrote:...I try it now but the two older boys start playing with my DD2 toys and she wanders off to start trouble with the one I am working with...
I had to laugh when I read this, as we had talks about this very thing as well. :lol: I remember my oldest sister telling me she left her 14 yo boy in charge of the 3 to play legos with him, and when she came back downstairs, her 14 yo was just completing a very elaborate bridge building of legos - and her 3 yo was not even in the room. :shock: They found the 3 yo in the kitchen having a cookie. :lol:

One thing that has helped my boys play with our toddler is to have them be in a certain room with a door that can shut or a gate that can be put up, and also to have them do a certain thing with the toddler. We have a toyshelf with cubes of all of the toys. I told the older boys they just need to rotate through the cubes, doing 1 or 2 a time, and then telling the next person to play with toddler which cube they're to use. It's worked well! I was finding the older boys were picking toys with their interests more in mind than our toddlers, and this has solved it and made everyone much happier. HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

MrsMandy

Post by MrsMandy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 am

my3sons wrote:Thanks! I need my schedule to get done what needs to get done each day - it keeps me happy and sane (most days). :lol: Yes, me too or I forget what was supposed to get done and in what order. I love HOD boxes but I will have to schedule them so everyone is not needing momma at the same time, lol!
MrsMandy wrote:...I try it now but the two older boys start playing with my DD2 toys and she wanders off to start trouble with the one I am working with...
I had to laugh when I read this, as we had talks about this very thing as well. :lol: I remember my oldest sister telling me she left her 14 yo boy in charge of the 3 to play legos with him, and when she came back downstairs, her 14 yo was just completing a very elaborate bridge building of legos - and her 3 yo was not even in the room. :shock: They found the 3 yo in the kitchen having a cookie. :lol: YES, Yes, yes this is my boys exactly! :shock:

One thing that has helped my boys play with our toddler is to have them be in a certain room with a door that can shut or a gate that can be put up, and also to have them do a certain thing with the toddler. We have a toyshelf with cubes of all of the toys. I told the older boys they just need to rotate through the cubes, doing 1 or 2 a time, and then telling the next person to play with toddler which cube they're to use. It's worked well! I was finding the older boys were picking toys with their interests more in mind than our toddlers, and this has solved it and made everyone much happier. HTH! :D I have the gate in place and have sent them off to another room with a door that shuts but then they will still play with Her toys! I will have to try to cut down some of the extra toys in our school area since she'll have school stuff to work on too. We have a play kitchen that my DS8 likes to take over :oops:
In Christ,
Julie
Mandy
Married to, Craig, my HERO since 2000
Mom to 3 with #4 due 02/12
Deirdre 2 LHTH
Connor 8 BHFHG
Bradley 15 CTC (and then some)
http://www.emptymelord.blogspot.com/