What do you use for the 5th day?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momtothree

What do you use for the 5th day?

Post by momtothree » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

We have been using HOD for a couple of years now and really love it on so many levels. I usually use the 5th day for a couple of extra "fun" classes or electives. I am thinking about next year and looking for some new ideas for the 5th day. Do you use that day to catch up on anything missed or do you have some electives/extras planned to study for that day? Does anyone have any great ideas?

My son will be in 6th grade next year.

Thanks!
Tammy
Mom to 3 boys 10, 8, and 5

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: What do you use for the 5th day?

Post by Carrie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm

momofthree,

Here's a link to a past thread that may be of help to you as you ponder. :D Link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8046

The thread also has some good links within it to other threads on this same topic. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

momtothree

Post by momtothree » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:44 am

Thank you for your help Carrie, I appreciate it. There were some great options discussed. I must have missed that thread when it came up. :D
Tammy
Mom to 3 boys 10, 8, and 5

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 pm

No worries! The board is so deeply full of treasures that it is literally impossible to find them all unless you know where they are! :D I'm so glad to help, and I know how great it is to be able to ask a question and get an answer too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie