A possible high school plan....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamas4bugs

Re: A possible high school plan....

Post by mamas4bugs » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:56 pm

water2wine wrote:For those of you who may wonder like I did what Federalist Papers to have your child read, I found this site http://www.garyrutledge.com/Documents/f ... s_main.htm and went to the ones that are listed here as "cream of the crop".Just thought I would post that in case it helps anyone else.

It will help me as I have Caleb read these with Rev2Rev next year. :)
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Just wanted to add another thing we are using for Rev to Rev high school. America The Last Best Hope Vol 1 by William Bennett. It is a long book but it stretches over the entire year to correlate. It's very well written. I have not read all of it but have read a good portion and the content seems OK to me but every family will have to decide on their own. It's worth checking out of the library and taking a look at it if you have one that likes to read. Just another extra for older kids if you have one who really enjoys looking deeper. :D I expect volume 2 will correlate with the Modern HOD guide to come. :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

laurelmarie

Post by laurelmarie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Is the History portion of Rev. to Rev and Missions to Modern Marvels enough for a High school credit in American History? If not what should I add? I just need the American History credit, all other credits are taken care of or I should say I know what we will do for the other credits.
Homeschooling since 1992 with 2 already graduated, now in Navy and Army
Dan 15: MOH, Algebra I, Lightning Lit, Apologia PS, Latin, Fencing, and Piano
Emma 7: MFW Adv., Math Journal, Elemental Science, Latin, Piano

davisfam7

Post by davisfam7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Laurel,
Yes the history content is highschool credit worthy IF you do the extensions along with it. You also might consider adding in Government and Economics. We added Notgrass Gov't to Rev to Rev this year. We only did it on Fridays and occasionally 1 other day during the week. Next year with MTMM we are adding economics. My 9th grader used Rev to Rev this year and it has worked out great for us. THere is also suggestions for beefing up written narrations and such in the extension appendix that comes with the guide. Hope that helps!!
Sarah
wife to Bobby
Taylor 22 helping @ home
Ryan 18 World History
Olivia 16 World History
Alec 13 MtMM
Jack-Attack 1 CtC
Have done Bigger, Preparing, RtR, Rev to Rev, MtMM, World Geo.

laurelmarie

Post by laurelmarie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:43 am

Thank you Sarah, this does help.
Homeschooling since 1992 with 2 already graduated, now in Navy and Army
Dan 15: MOH, Algebra I, Lightning Lit, Apologia PS, Latin, Fencing, and Piano
Emma 7: MFW Adv., Math Journal, Elemental Science, Latin, Piano

Busymomma1

Post by Busymomma1 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Tucking all this away for future reference!
Tricia
Married for 14 great years!
Mom to DD (10)
DS #1 (9)
DS #2 (6)

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:59 pm

davisfam7 wrote:You also might consider adding in Government and Economics. We added Notgrass Gov't to Rev to Rev this year. We only did it on Fridays and occasionally 1 other day during the week. Next year with MTMM we are adding economics. Hope that helps!!
I'm glad you wrote this, because I just bought Abeka's Government and Economics texts to "beef up" our studies for high school, and I was trying to figure out the best times to use them. I think I will do the Government with Rev2Rev on Fridays this year, and then the Economics on Fridays with MTMM next year. Thank you!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM