How many of you are back to school this week?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

How many of you are back to school this week?

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:27 pm

We were going to start back this week, but decided to take another week off since older ds is snowed in with his dad and I couldn't get him on Sunday. :( So...just curious how many of you started back this week and how many off off till next week? :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Tansy

Re: How many of you are back to school this week?

Post by Tansy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:35 pm

I would if i could.. I think we will do 2.5 days this week as that is all that will fit in... as they need structure after the bad case of teh Christmas gimmies... Bud Daddy is home today so how could i do school...
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Off till next week, or possibly longer depending on how things go with our house situtation.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

twoxcell

Post by twoxcell » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:34 pm

We are starting back next week :D . We are already over half way through, and really need the break.
ds 12 RevtoRev
dd 9 Preparing
dd 7 Beyond
ds 5 Little Hearts
dd due September 20th

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:56 pm

We are always off. We had to take a week off a couple of weeks ago, took Friday off and now a full 5 days this week. We will take the second week of January off.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

pjdobro

Post by pjdobro » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:29 pm

We're taking this week off. We worked right up until Christmas this year, finishing unit 14 last week. This week we are visiting with family and relaxing. Next week, we'll go back to our regularly scheduled programming. :D :lol: :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

psreit

Post by psreit » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 pm

We will probably do at least two days this week. I didn't want to take off a whole week because we ended up missing more days this month than planned because of visits to the prison to see the baby's mom and other things that came up. We also finished week 14. I know we are in pretty good shape, but I need to keep getting in all the days I can because I know there will be days missed in the coming months for prison visits, appts., etc. I want to be finished by early May.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Nope, we're off until Tuesday. I'm watching several public school kids that are off until then. Plus our senior is home. It's hard for the 6 y/o to work when others are having fun. He's still reading to me everyday- as always- and we're doing some fun crafty stuff.
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:29 am

Well probably will do a little bit to get back in the swing of things on Wed. and Thurs. But mostly we're off still! 2 full weeks. Will be kind of hard getting back to it! But HOD makes it easy! :D
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

krismoose

Post by krismoose » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 am

We're easing back in with a little of something each day, reading M, math & handwriting T, etc.. I find it helps ds to never really take more than 3 or 4 entire days off in a row...he thrives on consistency!
Kristen
Loved LHTH & LHFHG :)
DS8 (2nd) WWE1, HOD dictation, Sequential Spelling, SM 2B, VP OT/AE & SOTW1 history, Song School Latin, Getting Started With Spanish
DD6 (K) Saxon Math 1, VP Phonics Museum K
DD3 cutting, gluing, more cutting :D

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 am

We've been off since Thanksgiving, so we are starting back.... started yesterday. They've been begging to do school for two weeks now :) We've never really taken a formal break before, so I set a spot in the curriculum that I wanted to get done before Christmas and told them that when they got done we'd be done until after Christmas. My original plan was to school through the first week of Dec. and then start back Jan 10 (Grace's b'day party is the 8th), but they got done two weeks earlier than planned.

But I did learn that in the future we do not really need more than 3 weeks at a time off at most.

tjswaine

Post by tjswaine » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:46 pm

We started back this week. We took a three week break in the fall for a family vacation, so a one week Christmas vacation was enough. I haven't had any complaints, so I guess everyone agrees with me! :D
In Him,
{Jess}
2012-2013:
Logan ds {10} ~ Preparing, SM 4A, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Connor ds {8} ~ Preparing. SM 2B, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Charlene dd {4} ~ The Reading Lesson, SM Earlybird, C-rods, Verbal Math Lesson, etc.
Evan ds {1}
Quinn dd {0}

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 pm

We jumped back in today. :D We enjoyed a little break, but we don't usually break long this time of year since we like to be done early in the spring with lots of outside work to do. :wink: We have a dairy farm, so "days off" don't really happen - even on holidays. :D We still did enjoy family time for the holidays - it's just sandwiched between chores. But, it's pretty easy for us to jump back into our school schedule when Dad is right back at work.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

4littleones

Post by 4littleones » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:52 am

We are, we are, we are the studious ones!! LOL.

We are finishing week 8 of Beyond and week 3 of Little Hands.

Everything goes as planned, smooth sailing! We are all very happy with the program. The 2 year old loves the rhymes!

My 7 yo boy loves DITHOR and has grown in leaps and bounds in his spelling and handwriting!

So yes, we cannot "not" do school, we love our curriculum!

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:12 am

Busy cleaning and organizing. We finished Beyond, and will start Bigger the first week in January. Yippie!