Would you get a Kidney Table if it were Cheap

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrsrandolph

Would you get a Kidney Table if it were Cheap

Post by mrsrandolph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 am

I have the chance to purchase a kidney table for $100. That is a good price. I LOVED this kind of table for groups when I was teaching. I think I would like it for HS my kiddos.

On the other hand, I have a good rectangle table my church lets us borrow for free.

What do you think?
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

Happy2bMommyof3

Re: Would you get a Kidney Table if it were Cheap

Post by Happy2bMommyof3 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Free is always my favorite :lol:
Heather
Wife to the most hardworking man I know,
Mother to three amazing gifts from the King...
Amelia -8 - BHFHG + DITHOR
Noah - 5 - Christian Liberty Press Kindergarten
Lily - 4 -Rod and Staff Pre-K

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:22 pm

If it's a good deal, I would get it and try it out. If it doesn't work for you, then resell. There have been so many times where I hemmed and hawed on a good deal, let it pass and then was kicking myself later. If something's a good deal, I want/need it, and I have the money I have learned to jump on it.

Craigslist has made it so much easier to resell things. The ability to resell lowers your risk considerably. :D
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:19 pm

I think if you'd enjoy having a table to use each day, it would be worth it and I'd get it. :D Borrowing is free, but it is also inconvenient, and because you don't own it, you can't use it daily. :wink: Plus, I know it sounds strange to say - but once and awhile a new something like that can really be a ray of sunshine in my homeschooling day. Just yesterday, I was dragging my heels to get groceries for the umpteenth time, and my dear sister suggested switching grocery stores. I cannot even tell you the difference that made in my mood about getting groceries! I'll be shopping at the "new" store for awhile I'm sure - and then who knows? Maybe I'll be back at the "old" one for a "change" in a few years. :lol: HTH! :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie