CtoC painting/poetry---anyone have photos?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lovetobehome

CtoC painting/poetry---anyone have photos?

Post by lovetobehome » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

My son is wondering what the spring is supposed to look like, is having trouble envisioning the outcome. Has anyone done this painting (unit 2) and could post pics? Or direct us to a blog where there are pics? THANKS!
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands

my3sons

Re: CtoC painting/poetry---anyone have photos?

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:59 pm

I can't remember that one exactly, but I think it's pictured in the CTC Photobook, on pages 34-39:
http://heartofdakotasphotobooks.shutterfly.com/

HTH! :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Here was ours. :)
IMG_8056.JPG
IMG_8056.JPG (61.31 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Lovely... lovely... lovely - Rebecca! I am loving your ds's watercolor paintings. Oh my, that boy's got talent! :wink: You just may need to bind those at the end of the year and have them setting on a coffee table for some in-home art appreciation. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

lovetobehome

Post by lovetobehome » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Fabulous! We finished ours before I saw these, but this is great! How helpful is that photo album! I never knew it was there before, how do you get to that from the HOD homepage?
Boy, it all looks so fun. I wish my home always looked as fun as those pics!
And Rebecca, thank you for the photo! Beautiful!
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:02 pm

my3sons wrote:Lovely... lovely... lovely - Rebecca! I am loving your ds's watercolor paintings. Oh my, that boy's got talent! :wink: You just may need to bind those at the end of the year and have them setting on a coffee table for some in-home art appreciation. :D

In Christ,
Julie

Thank you, Julie! Seeing him do his art work is bringing up the repressed artist in me as well. We do them together these days and both of us are loving it so much. He is a really artsy kid and loves to draw. I am hanging on to his DITHR project as a surprise, but it is artsy and I can't want to show everyone when he is finished. I think it is going to be so neat!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:48 am

lovetobehome wrote:... How helpful is that photo album! I never knew it was there before, how do you get to that from the HOD homepage? !
I'm glad that helped! If you go to the home page, just scroll down to near the bottom of the screen. On the right side is a green cover of one of the photobooks under the section titled "Check out our Photobooks". You can click on the blue "photobooks" link to get there. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie