?? compare HOD / Heart of Wisdom

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LivinNandByHim

?? compare HOD / Heart of Wisdom

Post by LivinNandByHim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Recently stumbled across "Heart of "-Wisdom curriculum, teaching method trying to find Heart of Dakota. Anyone able to objectively compare the philosophy / methods or have any comments? I hope this is not an inappropriate type question, just curious for information. Thank you.

Tabitha

Re: ?? compare HOD / Heart of Wisdom

Post by Tabitha » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:19 pm

I just read something in the CTC/RTR thread, found here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6556&p=47749&hilit= ... dom#p47749

Scroll down and read water2wine's post (4th post).

Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd point ya to it.
17 yo dd - finishing WH, Geometry, German, Music, Media Art - filmaking, stop animation, etc.
14 yo dd - finishing RTR & TT7, Piano, Animal Shelter Volunteer.
11 yo dd - CTC, finishing up TT5, Piano.

LivinNandByHim

Post by LivinNandByHim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 am

thank you for that directed post. that is what i'm seeing, similarities between HOD AND HOW, with do-able format with HOD. i'm pretty excited because i have been lovving the philosophy of education HOW presents. my husband and i actually sat for a long time tonight discussing thoughts from the HOW book. however, i just love HOD, although have yet to use the curriculum. and i feel that perhaps the Lord is linking them together for us to build our family / homeschool on - with Him as the HEART of it!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:01 am

LivinNandByHim wrote: my husband and i actually sat for a long time tonight discussing thoughts from the HOW book. however, i just love HOD, although have yet to use the curriculum. and i feel that perhaps the Lord is linking them together for us to build our family / homeschool on - with Him as the HEART of it!
That is exactly how I ended up at HOD for all my kids. I prayed for the things that I had learned and see are really what matter, made a list of what I thought was important and what I felt God would care about, then eliminated the things on my side of the list that really did not matter. What I came up with in the end was an obvious choice of HOD for us. And God has really blessed us with it beyond anything I was really hoping for in the end. I think you are going to find the values expressed in the HOW book are really reflected in the HOD programs. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)