Greek study

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
krismoose

Re: Greek study

Post by krismoose » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:32 am

Carrie has mentioned "Hey Andrew, Teach Me Some Greek" before. If you search "Hey Andrew" you'll find some posts. HTH :D
Kristen
Loved LHTH & LHFHG :)
DS8 (2nd) WWE1, HOD dictation, Sequential Spelling, SM 2B, VP OT/AE & SOTW1 history, Song School Latin, Getting Started With Spanish
DD6 (K) Saxon Math 1, VP Phonics Museum K
DD3 cutting, gluing, more cutting :D

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 pm

My 5th grader is using Hey Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek 2. Before starting that he worked through The Greek Alphabet Code Cracker. It is a fun workbook from Classical Academic Press, not the same company that publishes Hey Andrew! I highly recommend it as a place to start. It teaches the alphabet and some basic phonics. After that, he went right into Level 2 of Hey Andrew! He has done very well with Hey Andrew! He works on it almost everyday (completely independent) but the lessons only take about ten or fifteen minutes. He really likes it and we plan to stick with it.
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

juliekay

Post by juliekay » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 pm

I wish to "second" the Greek Alphabet Code Cracker workbook. My boys really liked this! It's a fun and easy way to learn the Greek Alphabet!
Julie
2010-2011
ds 13 RTR plus
ds 12 RTR plus
ds 8 RTR
dd 5
ds 2
We loved using Bigger & Preparing

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Angie,

Yes, we're still going strong with Hey Andrew and really like it. My husband learned Greek right along with the kids using Hey Andrew and knew enough from doing that to join a Greek group at our church who is studying Greek and reading the New Testament in the original Greek. :D We did it daily for the first several years and now do it 3 times a week. My hubby has taken it over though now, as it's a passion of his! :D

Blessings,
Carrie