Spelling Lists for Beyond...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gmhaynes

Spelling Lists for Beyond...

Post by gmhaynes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:22 pm

We are completing LHFHG and moving into Beyond for 1st grade. My dd6 (almost 7) is great with her phonics and reading. I just got our guide in for next year and have a quick question. Some of the spelling lists (List 1) are words that she can already easily spell but when I start looking forward some of them are not. Should I just go back and forth between List 1 and List 2 depending on what she is already able to do or should I keep to one set (List 1 or List 2) for the entire guide?

Thanks!
Mary

creativemommy

Re: Spelling Lists for Beyond...

Post by creativemommy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:16 pm

We're doing Beyond this coming school year and I asked Julie a similar question a few weeks ago at a convention. That was my thought when I glanced at the List 1 & List 2 words in the back of the guide.

Julie told me the Beyond List 2 words appear in Bigger Hearts guide and so I'm going to stick with list 1 for my son while we do Beyond even though some of the words are very easy for him. We're going to concentrate on the writing/activities with the words that may challenge him a bit more than the actual words.
~Beth
Used & Loved LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, & Bigger

gmhaynes

Re: Spelling Lists for Beyond...

Post by gmhaynes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Great! Thank you!
Wife to Guy for 13 years
dd9 in Preparing
ds7 in Beyond
ds5 in LHFHG
ds3 starting LHTH
Deut 6:4-9