As I look over this website, I am just STUNNED!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lmercon

As I look over this website, I am just STUNNED!

Post by lmercon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:26 pm

I know there are numerous posts here on this topic, but I just can't help it! I taught ps for eight years. I've read many books on the subject of home schooling. I love to look over curricula and savor every moment of home school fairs. BUT, I remain stunned at how fabulous HOD is. I decided to just spend a few minutes looking over future programs on the website. I'm using Bigger and am thrilled, but the older programs look so awesome! I don't want to rush my children's school years, but I'm excited to do these programs. I am constantly amazed at how wonderful they are. I honestly feel bad that friends I have actually pay huge money to send their children to private school and miss out on this program. I want to post all over other message boards and tell them what they are missing by using those "other" programs. I feel so fortunate to have found HOD early. Thank you to all who have a hand in the creation of these wonderful programs. I don't ever want to send my kids to school! Although, my dh wants to do so when they are older. :( Anyway, I just wanted to post this because I was overwhelmed by the abundance these programs contain.
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

happy@home

Re: As I look over this website, I am just STUNNED!

Post by happy@home » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 pm

I totally agree! :D :D We are only in LHFHG, but I continue to drool over the rest of the curriculum! I am so excited about all the wonderful things we are going to learn as my dc grow older!! I never want to send my dc to school either, but like yours, my dh wants to in a few years. :cry: :cry: But that just gives me a few years to pray like crazy and to also show him how blessed they are to be at home with HOD!! I actually carry my catalog in my purse and re-read it from cover to cover every chance I get. It is so fun to be able to share my craziness with other moms who are "suffering" from the same thing!! Thanks for sharing!!
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 pm

I couldn't agree more. I find such happiness in my days with my little guy in HOD. I can't wait to do it with both of my guys next year.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:03 am

happy@home... glad I am not the only one who carries around the catalog :)
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

Catherine

Post by Catherine » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 am

I know!! I feel the same way. :) I've had the Kindergarten curriculum sitting here for months. My daughter isn't even 4 yet. :) I just can't wait to use it! Soooo excited!
~8 yr old DD
~6 yr old DD
~4 yr old DS
~2 yr old DS

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:56 am

I love it, love it, love it!!!! :D I too, feel very blessed to have come across HOD in the very beginning. When I first thinking about homeschooling, I almost through the idea out the window, due to the accessive work loads of "other" curriculums. I came across HOD, just from a post somewhere, where someone just mentioned the name. I googled it, and found it, and have never been the same!! I know, for a fact, the Lord was in it!! He directed me to a curriculum that He knew would be the perfect fit, so that I wouldn't feel overwhelmed, and that the kids would enjoy as well!!! I too, wish all homeschoolers could see how wonderful it is!!! :D I catch myself from time to time, rambling about HOD, to my friends who are thinking about homeschooling. If only they could see what I see!! :wink:

LeAnna :D
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

creativemommy

Post by creativemommy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 am

I agree with you all, too! I love reading posts like this! It always amazes me to see how many of us were led to HOD by the Lord! :D I'm another one who is very blessed to have found HOD at the beginning of our homeschool adventure!

I also have a husband who desires our children to attend "real" school in a few years. I have committed it to prayer. I know God's placed the desire/burden in my heart to raise my kids to know HIM and one way we're doing that is through homeschool. I feel sorry my husband can't be home during our school time to see the amazing things they're learning about our Savior & world He created. I think witnessing the learning taking place & hearing the actual conversations between the kids & I would change his mind & heart.

I love sharing HOD with my friends, too. One has ordered the program and is planning to use it next year. Another one is asking questions about LHTH. Yeah! :D
~Beth
Used & Loved LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, & Bigger

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 am

We didn't start our homeschool experience with HOD. I started with all Abeka. Slowly I started searching for something else. We tried some other curriculum. Nothing was IT. Finally we tried HOD and LOVE it. I know we won't change. It is nice to not have to find the "right" choice for next year.
I also can relate to the dh wanting children to attend public school at one point. When we started my dh said after 3rd grade the children would go to public school. I did not agree. I did not fight with him. I prayed and so did my friends. I knew that if God didn't change dh heart then God would protect them in public school. Slowly God has changed his heart. We will homeschool through high school. Praise the Lord!!!! We even have a non-traditional private school for homeschoolers. Talk about a change of heart!!!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

kelli

Post by kelli » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:51 am

hey michelle!

what exactly is the non-traditional private school for homeschoolers and how do i get one? :D

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Kelli,

I pm you.
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:32 pm

We're not officially HOD users yet, but are looking forward to purchasing it in April at the Cincinnati Convention. I too carry the catalog around with me a ton. I've officially suggested it to atleast two people so far as well which might be crazy since I've never officially used it, but it looks like such a wonderful program. Oh, and since I've almost got the catalog memorized I feel like I know atleast a little about it. :lol:
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM