Celebrate with me!! DH IS ON BOARD WITH HOD!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hsmomto1

Celebrate with me!! DH IS ON BOARD WITH HOD!!!

Post by hsmomto1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:54 pm

:D
My dh and I had a LONG and productive discussion about the direction of ds's education. He listened to me explain why I am doubtful about our current curriculum being a good fit for ds and myself. He listened to me pour my heart out about why I wanted a Christ-centered curriculum. This led to a deep discussion about our faith beliefs-and he showed HUGE signs of opening his heart to Jesus!!! :D He read through the entire catalog to look at the bigger picture. He's never done that with me before! When I hsed my older dd, he left the decisions up to me. I want to praise God, as I had resolved my heart to whatever he agreed to-stay where we are with no changes, stay where we are and tweak away, or switch to HOD. I am trying to be a better Christian wife-even though my dh isn't completely a Christian yet-and told him I needed his input and blessing to keep going with a renewed peaceful heart. I am soo excited!! Woo-hoo!!! :D

Shimmer

Re: Celebrate with me!! DH IS ON BOARD WITH HOD!!!

Post by Shimmer » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:27 pm

I am so happy for you! Wonderful to see His Spirit working in your life and your husband's.
2016-2017
dd1 - ResToRef
dd2 - Preparing
dd3 - Beyond
dd4 - LHTH

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:27 am

That is so exciting!
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:42 pm

I am happy for you. It is always an added blessing to have your spouses full support.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Praise the Lord! :D :D :D May He continue to work in your dh's heart - our Lord is the God of possibilities - truly, nothing is impossible for Him. HOD gives the Lord His rightful place in history, science, etc., and hopefully gives Him His rightful place in our dc's hearts (and ours as well). I am celebrating with you today. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

rainbowacreshs

Post by rainbowacreshs » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:33 am

How awesome! That is nothing but the Holy Spirit at work!
I wanted to share this for encouragement.....
I received my salvation years before I met my hubby. He wasn't a Christian, didn't want anything to do w/ church when I met him. I was at a point in my life where I was running from God so it was easy to just shove Him under the bed and pretend He didn't exist. LOL but God had other plans. Through the years He kept whispering at me, sending little reminders He was still there. At some point I had to accept that and begin to turn to Him once more. When we had our first child, God used my deep sense of moral values and His spirit to begin to work deeper in our lives. I loved Veggie Tales and constantly bought the videos for our first. It wasn't long before I realized my hubby was singing along with the tunes (which made me realize he was receiving basic truths about God). True it was years before he accepted Christ, but it was in those simple videos that the seed was planted.
God's gonna use HOD to plant beautiful truths into your husband. Hold tight, keep praying, God's working!
~Jasmine~
Married to a wonderful hubby since '95
DD Kasey 14 RTR Sept. '11 - June '12
DD Typhoon Tiffy 3yrs old beggining LHTH

Lil Ruth born April 25 2011..and just a pure joy!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Praise the Lord! God is so good. :D He always hears us when we call upon Him. I'm rejoicing with you today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

hsmomto1

Post by hsmomto1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks, Ladies! :D

Happy2bMommyof3

Post by Happy2bMommyof3 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Praise God! I was unequally yoked as well for many years. I know that the "King's heart is in the Lord's hand and He directs it like a watershed".
...Rejoicing with you and praying that the Lord will quickly bring your dh to repentance and faith in Christ. Amen!!
Heather
Wife to the most hardworking man I know,
Mother to three amazing gifts from the King...
Amelia -8 - BHFHG + DITHOR
Noah - 5 - Christian Liberty Press Kindergarten
Lily - 4 -Rod and Staff Pre-K

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Praise God! That is wonderful! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)