Newbie - dh wants to do all the schoolwork now!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
countrymom

Newbie - dh wants to do all the schoolwork now!

Post by countrymom » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:34 am

Hi everyone, I have been lurking for a couple of weeks since I found HOD. I am so pleased to have found a curriculum so early in the game. I feel the Lord led me here. You know it is good when both dh and I want to do all the schoolwork. We are a team, but I have been primarily working with our oldest since spring. We just started HOD and now dh wants to do it all while I am at work. I know that is a good problem to have and it speaks volumes for the work Carrie has put into this curriculum. When everyone loves school it is win-win! :D
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

kiloyd

Re: Newbie - dh wants to do all the schoolwork now!

Post by kiloyd » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 pm

That is a good problem to have! :D
Katherine
ds 9, Preparing
dd just turned 6, LHFHG
dd 3
and 15 mo old 3 days a week

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 pm

That is wonderful! I think it is great to have dh do school. Not only does it really help them to see how great it is, I really think it build such a close bond. My kids love it when dh does school. He does not want to do it all the time but he does enjoy doing it when I need him to step in there for me. It's interesting to listen while he does it and the connections he makes. They are always so different than the ones I make. Anyway glad you are making HOD a family journey! I agree when you have dh wanting to do it for you that is a winning program. :D Welcome!
Last edited by water2wine on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

gratefulmama

Post by gratefulmama » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Welcome to HOD Countrymom!
I am so glad for you that you found HOD when you did! I feel so blessed to have found it at the beginning of my hs journey just like you! It's been such an incredible gift for my family. I am forever greatful to Carrie - and the others here too, who offer support and encouragement along the way! God is GOOD!
Blessings - Victoria
Wife to my hero for 17 yrs
Blessed to be a mom through the beautiful gift of adoption 4x!
DS (10/03) CTC, DITHOR
DS (5/05) CTC, DITHOR
DD (5/08) LHFHG
DD (02/11)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm

That is an awesome problem to have!!! :D I really love reading everything myself too, when time allows. I feel like I am getting such an education too, much different than my ps education, since God is part of it all. :D I'm so glad your dh is enjoying it too. :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Countrymom,

Just wanted to send a warm welcome to you!
I hope you continue to enjoy your days with HOD. :D

Candice :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Countrymom,

I had to chuckle at this "problem" as we have a similar problem growing at our house! As we've homeschooled longer, and my hubby sees all of the wonderful books in our warehouse, he is avidly reading them at night (and now wanting to teach them to our kiddos). What a blessing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie