American Adventure Books

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
April

American Adventure Books

Post by April » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:09 pm

We are currently doing BLHFHG and are on unit 8. I just started reading my daughter the book The Mayflower Adventure from the American Adventure books series. It is correlating so nicely with what we are reading. Today for history we were reading about the babies born on the Mayflower and then when we read the book it was talking about the exact same two women getting on board that were due to have babies. My daughter gets really excited when the story book talks about something she read in history.
mom to three
G 7/03, Z 1/04, A 7/05

inHistiming

Re: American Adventure Books

Post by inHistiming » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 pm

These books are great! I found the whole set a couple of years ago at a used curriculum sale for $50. We're working through them slowly and we all love them! :)

flowerchik

Post by flowerchik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 pm

my oldest son,now 20, loved these books when he was young and even took them with him when he left home so I have to borrow them for my youngest. They are great for fueling a love of history without the "dryness" of historical facts.

flowerchik

Post by flowerchik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:59 pm

my oldest son,now 20, loved these books when he was young and even took them with him when he left home so I have to borrow them for my youngest. They are great for fueling a love of history without the "dryness" of historical facts.