o/t May I ask for prayers?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

o/t May I ask for prayers?

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:29 am

I won't go into the whole long story of everything that has led to me asking for prayers. I don't often do this, but I am feeling at the end of my rope. I am struggling on many fronts in my life. Most of those are emotional and due to the OCD/hypochondriasis from which I suffer. Swine flu isn't helping. LOL Today, I yelled at the children while doing school. This is not typical for me and I do not feel that this is fair to my children. I am not saying I shouold never get irritated with them or by them, but I should never scream at them during school - much less, over a lesson. I immediately went to God on this and then I went back to my children and apologized for not setting a better example. My frustration with other things seems to have led me to this point and I really just ask that, if you feel so inclined, please say a prayer for me. I need peace to calm the fears, the irritations, the storms.

Thank you all so much!

Rebecca
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

eazbnsmom

Re: o/t May I ask for prayers?

Post by eazbnsmom » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Praying for you Rebecca!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Shimmer

Post by Shimmer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm praying for you.
2016-2017
dd1 - ResToRef
dd2 - Preparing
dd3 - Beyond
dd4 - LHTH

4froggies

Post by 4froggies » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Just prayed that would would have a peace "that surpasses all understanding." :)
Beth

Mom to 5 great kiddos (15,11,8,5,2) and one due in October!

dale1088

Post by dale1088 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Saying a prayer for you to feel God's grace and peace.

Maybe you should take a break and have a cup of tea.

{{Hugs}}
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

GracieandTwinBoysMom

Post by GracieandTwinBoysMom » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 pm

I am praying for you to feel the love and peace of God surrounding you!
Carla-
Wife of 8 years to Matt-loving husband and provider
Mom to three miracles
Grace Elise- 4 -LHFHG
Anderson Michael-3 -LHTH
Connor Matthew-3- LHTH

ncmomof5

Post by ncmomof5 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Rebecca,

I just prayed for you,too. May God strengthen you and give you HIS peace.

In His love,
RuthAnn
2013 - 2014
15 yo dd -- MTMM
13 yo ds -- MTMM
12 yo ds -- finish PHFHG/CTC
9 yo ds -- finish BLHFHG/BHFHG
5.5 yo dd -- LHFHG

"Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Matthew 6:32

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Thank you all very much. I am humbled at your prayers and I admit that I have already started to feel a peace wash over me in regards to my fears and stresses. We skipped one of our extra curricular activities this afternoon and spent some time with friends at the park. It is amazing what prayer and a break will do for the soul.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Praying for you! (((HUGS)))
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Rebecca,

I am praying for you now that the Lord will surround you with His loving arms, give you peace from the storms of life, and give you the strength to do His will.

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:05 pm

I am also praying for you, Rebecca. I am so sorry about the swine flu, and I didn't understand you have OCD until now either. Thank you for asking for prayer - there is power in prayer - I believe this with all of my heart. I want you to know that I would guess we have all yelled at our dc and have felt bad about it after the fact. I think you handled the after the fact part so well. Our dc know we're not perfect, and it's how we respond to those imperfections that models how our dc should respond to their imperfections as they are revealed. My mother is the most even-tempered cheerful gal around, and I still remember her yelling at me once and a great while! I could incite it out of her, I guess. :wink: May our Lord encourage you today, and give you a fresh new start each day, as we all need that so much - His mercies are new every day - that is always such an encouragement to me.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Rebecca,
I am praying for you. I have the same tendencies & know a bit of what you are going through. My oldest dd is very sensitive & obsesses over some things. Guess it is hereditary :? It is so very stressful for me & I am guilty of yelling, more so now that I am full of these pregnancy hormones. You will be in my prayers & know you are not alone. :)
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

striving2Bprov31

Post by striving2Bprov31 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Dear Rebecca,

I am putting you in my prayer journal. Be of good courage today!! It is so awesome how no matter what we struggle with, God can and is still using us to minister to our families (and others)!! When the world might tell us that we "don't function well" or are "abnormal" Oh BOY--Does God have different plans for us, or what!!!!? You are a walking picture of God's grace. This is what helps me: make a list of the things God showed you of WHY he has called you to homeschool. Then, when you are having a moment go to it as a reminder of God's calling upon your life. I also have a list of Bible verses that give me the "how"--meaning "how is this great task of hschooling and mothering going to be accomplished?" That helps a LOT. I never thought I would put this on the board, but I have bipolar disorder. I identify with you. You are not alone. Dive (literally if you need to) into your Bible!! This is how I am able to thrive everyday! Hope this helps you and not too much info.!!!

God's grace is upon you,

Liz
dh of 11yrs.
dd9,ds7,ds3,ds8 months

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Praying for peace, comfort, for protection and for tranquility. Praying that you will feel a peace beyond all understanding that can only come from Jesus. Praying that God will give you the focus He wants for you and that Satin would have no power over your thoughts or cause you to have fear that God does not wish for you to have. Praying that your home will have peace and that you will feel love and overflow with love for your family. Satin loves to use our fears to take our focus from how God wants to bless us. I am guilty of that myself. So I will remember you in prayer. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Happy2BHome

Post by Happy2BHome » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:37 pm

My heart goes out to you. I will pray for you, Rebecca. May the Lord surround you with the peace that only HE can give :!:
~*~ follower of Christ
~*~ wife to Sweet Preacher Man
~*~ mommy to dd...8 yrs old...imaginative animal lover