Bed in Summer poem

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaBear23Cubs

Bed in Summer poem

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 pm

My daughter is like me and isn't thrilled with poetry so having her do the re writing of this poem was excited for me and also a little stressful. I so wanted to just give her the answers so we could get thru with the 'box' but held thru to the end. I did so some hinting like what kind of bee or what do you hear in the trees or in the weeds. By end of this year I hope to have her doing poems on her own. Instead of rewriting the poem I let her type it out. Here is her poem-

In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light
In summer quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The busy buzzing working bee,
I hear birds singing in the trees.
And the small frogs in the tall weeds.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Bed in Summer poem

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 pm

MamaBear23Cubs,

Your daughter did a great job! I know writing can take some perservering, and your perserverance paid off! Good job both mom and daughter! :D

Thanks for sharing. I'll just move this post to the main board so that more moms can see it!

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Re: Bed in Summer poem

Post by my3sons » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:34 am

She did a great job - thanks for sharing it! It was so neat to see my ds's poetry writing progress last year during PHFHG. His cousin even made a book of it for him. I think you're going to enjoy this so much this year! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie