History For Little Pilgrims:LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rebecca

History For Little Pilgrims:LHFHG

Post by Rebecca » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Our book completely fell apart today. It has been "losing" pages over time- but today it basically fell apart at the seams.
Has anyone else had this happen?
This is the only book to do this- so I know it is not that we are "too hard" on it. The pages have literally come perfectly loose from the binding.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what you do about it! :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Rebecca

sarathan

Re: History For Little Pilgrims:LHFHG

Post by sarathan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm

I haven't had this experience with that book (yet) but just today I took a book to Staples that completely fell apart. They spiral-bound it for only $2.00! It seems like a brand new book now! So that might be an option for you.....
Last edited by sarathan on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mommyofgirls

Post by mommyofgirls » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:06 pm

i've had another book do that, but not this one. depending on how long ago you bought it, CLP might be willing to replace it. :?:
Wife to my wonderful husband for 8 years
dd5 - LHFHG, Abeka phonics, Horizons math
dd3 - LHTH
dd1 - bringing me Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? and sitting in my lap :)

j_croche

Post by j_croche » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 pm

I had this happen to my Preparing Manual. I dropped it and the binding broke near the poem section. Now all of my poems are coming out one by one. I guess I'll have to have it re-bound :(
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 pm

This happened to our Early Readers Bible of all books! I just got out the old library book tape....
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Rebecca,

If you purchased your book from us, we'll gladly replace it for no cost. Just give us a call or drop us an email with your address and we'll gladly send you another one. That shouldn't happen. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Jenni,

If your Preparing manual's binding broke, we'll gladly replace your book as well. Just drop us an email with your address or give us a call. :D We pay extra for our guides to be very sturdy!

Blessings,
Carrie

j_croche

Post by j_croche » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:13 am

Oh Carrie,
I was the one that was being careless by dropping it. It is great of you to offer to replace it, but I've already made some notes in it and I'm attached to it...LOL
Thanks for your kindness,though! One more thing I love about HOD....great customer service...from the Author and her family! You can't beat that!
Blessings,
Jenni
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:04 am

Carrie,
Thank you SO much! What a blessing and a surprise! I purchased our History For Little Pilgrims right before I "found" Heart of Dakota. Great minds think alike, you know! 8)

However, when I make my purchase for Preparing- I will add History for Little Pilgrims and purchase it directly from HOD. I can't ask for better customer service! :D

I am also relieved to know that this is not normal. I have at least two other children who will be using that book!
Thank you so much!
Rebecca