DITHR: How to assign pages with multiple short books

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sewpeaceful

DITHR: How to assign pages with multiple short books

Post by sewpeaceful » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:54 am

I think I have figured out the basic way this book works. I have one lingering question (for now): If I have chosen 2 or 3 books for a given genre, does the child do all of the pages in the DITHR studen book based on 1 book? The book they are reading at the time? Some of the genres appear to have pages independent from each other. Other genres appear to have pages that build on previous day's/week's assignments. Does that make sense what I am asking?

mom2boys030507

Re: DITHR: How to assign pages with multiple short books

Post by mom2boys030507 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 am

My understanding is if you are reading 3 books, each book is read over 5 days and you just do the student pages based on the book you are reading. If you chose 2 books, one book is read for 5 days and the other for 10 days, there again just do the student pages based on the book you are reading. HTH
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: DITHR: How to assign pages with multiple short books

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Karen is right! So, even if you change books every 5 days, you don't go back to the beginning of the DITHR plans for that unit. Instead, you just keeping moving ahead in the plans one day at a time, no matter whether you're on a new book or not. The plans are written to work in that manner. :D

Blessings,
Carrie