GA HODies and all you other HODies too! :)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jensmom

GA HODies and all you other HODies too! :)

Post by jensmom » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:31 pm

The Atlanta HS Expo is wrapping up today. I was there yesterday and got to meet and talk with Carrie and Julie. :D We also added several new HODies who saw what a wonderful product Carrie offers so we will be having lots of new "faces" to join us soon. We also discovered that there are several users here already!

Ok, the point of this point is simply this. PLEASE, if you do not already have your state, or even better your metro area or region, posted on your profile, PLEASE DO IT NOW. It will be very helpful to know if there are other HODies in your area. I am also planning to organize HODie field trips at least 2 times during the year so that we can get together with other HODies and share in a fun field trip and also be able to share ideas with one another.

I can't wait to hear from Carrie and Julie about how the Atlanta Expo wrapped up and how many more HODies were added here in the Southeast. And, of course, I can't wait to get started with Bigger in another week. :wink: I was able to discuss a couple of key issues with Carrie and Julie and have everything in place for a great year! :)

Judy
Metro Atlanta
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

3sweeties

Re: GA HODies and all you other HODies too! :)

Post by 3sweeties » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey Judy!

I really, really, really wish I could have been there this weekend! My husband had to work pretty much 2 days straight and there was no way I was going to venture out to the Galleria with 3 kids 7 and under by myself! :lol: Anyway, I LOVE the idea of getting together periodically! So excited that more people are joining HOD! I just spent the afternoon REALLY looking over all our materials (we are doing Bigger too!) and I am so looking forward to what I know will be an awesome year!!! :D
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:23 pm

That sounds fun. I have six HODies to add to the mix. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:08 pm

I was there! It was great! It was especially great to meet Carrie and Julie. Now I have their sweet faces in my mind! :D It was a joy and delight to chat with both of them. :D What a blessing!
My kids all got to meet them too and my dh!

We just got back this afternoon.
I loved it.

The HOD booth was buzzing with people!

Thanks for coming to the southeast HOD!!!

Rebecca

jensmom

Post by jensmom » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:40 am

So great to have so many GA HODies! Ok, so let's talk about where we should meet.... Since I am not certain which part of the metro area you are all in...please vote for and/or number in order of preference from these choices...

Atlanta Zoo - South Downtown

GA Aquarium - Downtown

Mayfield Dairy - North of town near Mall of GA area

Any other ideas? We would probably want a location where we could see and learn and also have an area to picnic and visit/play. I am thinking sometime in September would be good. Also, are there days that would work better for you?

Judy
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:54 pm

We had such a nice weekend in GA, and we completely enjoyed the conversation and good company with all of the HOD ladies we had the privilege of meeting there. The booth was very busy, and many new moms became HODies before our very eyes! :D Thanks to all of you who stopped by to say "hi", and to all of you working so diligently to get the word out about HOD. God is alive and at work at the heart of HOD! You are His hands reaching out to tell others about Him through the use of HOD. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Love in Christ,
Julie

P.S. Judy -I had a Chic-fila sandwich, and it was good! :lol:
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mom2koh

Post by mom2koh » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Oh... I am one of the newbies after the Atlanta convention. I was so thrilled to find HOD. We will be using Beyond this year with DD after talking to Carrie.

I would love to meet up with you GA gals. We live on the NW side of metro atlanta. The only days not good for us would be Tue. as we are doing a homeschool ministry.

I look forward to meeting you all!
Amy
Mom to
DD (5.5) Beyond
DS (2.5) tagging along and learning to sing ABC's

my4sugars

Post by my4sugars » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 pm

I attended the GA conference on Friday and was wonderfully blessed to meet both Julie and Carrie. I also met jensmom and was able to put faces to names! It was great! Julie, thanks so much for helping me with my mammoth order. We got started 1/2 pace today b/c my kids couldn't wait. They actually wanted to jump into school on Friday night after I got home. :shock: :D It was such a pleasure to see "everyone". The very heart of HOD ministry is the love and caring that Carrie and Julie and their families give all of us. Thanks so much for all you do! And it was sooooo nice to meet both of you~FINALLY! :!: :!: :!: :D

We live about 1 hr NE of Atlanta. We would love anything that was planned. We would definitely try to make it!
Kimi~
Mama to the 4
greatest kids
this side of heaven!
Jesse, Shannon, Mary, & Seth

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi!! I live in GA. I didn't know there was a Home School expo! I am in south Grorgia but would be willing to meet. I am so sad I didn't get to meet Carrie and Julie!
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks 4sugars, and I'm so glad your dc were excited to see all of their new books! I think your name needs to be "5sugars" because you were such a sweetie to meet too. :D It is ladies like you that make what we do a joy. I pray you have a wonderful start to school! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

jensmom

Post by jensmom » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:01 pm

I am so happy to discover more GA HODies. :D

Julie, I am glad that you got to have a Chick-fil-A sandwich!! I checked and the closest one to you is over an hour away in Iowa. :( That means you will just have to come back to Atlanta again very soon. Maybe we can get you and Carrie to an actual Chick-fil-A restaurant this time so you can have the waffle fries! :lol:

Looking forward to my box very soon! :wink:

Judy
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

Chandlerr2

Post by Chandlerr2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 am

Hi Judy,

I met you at the HOD table on Friday morning at the Expo. I posted an intro in a separate thread, but wanted say hello here, as well. We live in Gwinnett and would love to be a part of any HOD get-togethers. I have three boys who are excited about meeting other homeschooled kids! :D

Looking forward to getting to know you better,
Chandler

PS - All this talk about Chick-fil-a is cracking me up! We are raving CFA fans and my husband works for their corporate office. If I had known you wanted to introduce Carrie and Julie to CFA, I would have hooked you up with some coupons! :wink:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:40 am

Hi Chandler! I remember meeting you in the HOD booth and hoping you'd get on the HOD Board. :D I was the gal working in the HOD booth with Carrie. :) I just had to give you a hearty welcome to the board and let you know I'm so glad you are here! :) This CFA thing is too funny - it seems like everyone loves these sandwiches and is connected to them in some way. Family businesses (like CFA began as) are great, and I love to support them. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Judy,

Mayfield Dairy sounds neat to me...we have never been there! Thursdays or Fridays are best for us to meet. Hope we can make it - it would be great to meet some other HOD moms!!! :D

Yes, Julie, CFA is the place to eat around here! :D I have eat there at least every few weeks or something is missing from my diet! :lol: I actually had my first sandwich when I was about 8 and the only place they had CFA was in the East Point area (east of Atlanta)! Glad you got to experience it! :D
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Ladies,

I just wanted to pop-in and let you know how much we sincerely enjoyed getting to see the sweet moms in Atlanta that we have the privilege of conversing with on the HOD board all year. I felt like we had known each other for a long time, even though we'd never met face-to-face! :D It is a blessing to put your faces with your names!

I am thrilled to have met many new HOD moms too! It was terrific to be in Atlanta, and we were glad for the opportunity to exhibit there. :wink:

We're glad to have wrapped up our convention season in time for our very busy August rush! We look forward to getting to know many of you even better this upcoming year through the board. :D

Blessings,
Carrie