3-ring Binders for BHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
threegreatkids

3-ring Binders for BHFHG

Post by threegreatkids » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:09 pm

If we use separate binders for History and Science for Bigger, what size do we need?
1 1/2"?

Or do some of you use one binder with dividers for different subjects?
Mom of three great kids
7th grade dd, 6th grade dd, 4nd grade ds

wisdom4us

Re: 3-ring Binders for BHFHG

Post by wisdom4us » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:30 pm

I use one binder per child and separate the subjects with tabs. Each child gets a 3 inch binder. It's way bigger than they really need but that's just what we are use to. :)

If you wanted to do separate ones then I think the 1.5" would be fine per subject.
~Summer
Using LHFHG & BHFHG 2008-2009
http://wisdom4us.homeschooljournal.net/

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
~William Butler Yeats

maddykate

Post by maddykate » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:35 am

We are using a 3 inch three-ring binder, with 5 sections for the different subjects. It has made it alot easier for me to keep track of everything for each child. We are only doing half-speed right now but that is what is working so far. I love it.

HTH,
Maddykate

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:18 am

I got dd a few spiral bound notebooks for grammar, dictation, etc. For the history and science notebooks, I got her two 1in. binders. I put 1 divider with a pocket in the middle that holds loose white paper for her pages. In the front I have all the clear page protectors ready to be filled with her pages. In the back half, I have just a little notebook paper so it's there if she needs it.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:37 am

We use 1 big binder (the 3 inch kind) for each child and have tabs for the different subjects. It works great! :D If you'd rather use separate binders, the smaller 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch ones would work just fine. :D It's so fun to see the portfolios growing throughout the year. The kids are so proud of their work, and I'm always amazed by their progress over time. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:31 pm

We used two 1 inch binders. One for history and one for science. If you don't need them right away, the 1 inch size is always super-cheap when Wal-Mart gets out the back to school stuff in July. :wink: (I know ours were about 80 cents last year.) I let Grant pick which color he wanted for history and science.

You're going to have a great time with Bigger! :D Many happy school days coming your way!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH