introducing myself...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Momtoamayalilal2

introducing myself...

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:54 am

HI everyone, I introduced myself last summer, but decided to wait on doing anything really scheduled with my dd (4) until this fall, so here we are. I am now going to be using LHTH with her and my ds will be tagging along for fun (who will be 2 in the fall) ! I actually am going with HOD CTC with my oldest son as well now, so I'll probably be around here a lot more due to that :D
We are starting our 4th year of homeschooling and looking forward to using HOD this year!!!! I was so excited to find out about the new Ancients program that I actually stopped doing the ancients we were doing last year, just to keep everything new for this year :LOL: I am looking forward to having everything already planned out for me and not having to be worried about the content in the books (with not a lot of time to pre-read things as I would like) and just having things pre-scheduled for me that often go to the way-side in our school to make more time for the 3r's.

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into writing this program Carrie! My ds (9) is really looking forward to doing Ancients next year and I am actually looking forward to teaching it :D

Amber
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BEYOND, CTC,WG over the years and always come back to Hod after a a season! :lol:

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: introducing myself...

Post by Carrie » Mon May 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Amber,

I just wanted to welcome you back to the board! We're glad to have you here again! :D I will also be doing CTC with my second son this upcoming year and LHTH with my fourth son, so we'll be in a similar stage. I'll be having my third little guy in Beyond and my oldest doing some piloting of our new medieval/renaissance/reformation guide as well.

I look forward to getting to know you even better. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Momtoamayalilal2

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for the welcome Carrie! I know a lot of the ladies here already and they have been very outspoken about their love of HOD...so you should know you have some great advocates..lol. I didn't need much convincing though after seeing the samples for HFHTT..lol. We can't wait to start and share how its going in our homeschool :D
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BEYOND, CTC,WG over the years and always come back to Hod after a a season! :lol:

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon May 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Welcome to the boards. I look forward to getting to know you better!
:D
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Momtoamayalilal2

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:43 pm

netpea wrote:Welcome to the boards. I look forward to getting to know you better!
:D
Thanks LeeAnn, look forward to getting to know you also! :) Looks like we aren't due too far apart I'm 11 weeks 3 days pregnant with #4...just barely getting out of the morning sickness stage (hopefully)...Nice to meet you again :D
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 26, 2009 9:14 am

Welcome back to the board, Amber! I'll be doing CTC next year with my 9 yo too, and I am getting very excited about it. The books and plans look sooooo good. :D I'll be doing Beyond with our middle ds, and I'm not sure if I'll be starting LHTH at a very slow pace with our 2 1/2 yo or if I'll wait until he's a tad older. I really want to start it with him, but I'm still weighing if it would be better to hold off until he's a bit older. Anyway, it will be fun to go through CTC with you and the other ladies here as well! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Tue May 26, 2009 12:49 pm

Welcome Amber! I hope you enjoy HOD!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed May 27, 2009 6:37 am

Amber welcome back! You'll love HOD. Welcome!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

netpea

Post by netpea » Wed May 27, 2009 6:44 am

Momtoamayalilal2 wrote:Thanks LeeAnn, look forward to getting to know you also! :) Looks like we aren't due too far apart I'm 11 weeks 3 days pregnant with #4...just barely getting out of the morning sickness stage (hopefully)...Nice to meet you again :D
I'm glad you're pulling out of the morning sickness, I am too finally. I had it bad with this one. I go in for my 12 week checkup today. I hoping to hear that heartbeat.... :D So you'll be doing Ancients and LHTH in the fall, is that right? We'll be doing Beyond with both kids and probably finishing Bigger up with my soon to be 9yo.

Take Care of yourself.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Momtoamayalilal2

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:55 am

That's so awesome that there will be so many of us using CTC at the same time! This is my first year really doing HOD with my ds (9) and he doesn't know what he is in for! I have used mainly textbooks for him as of late because it's just been plain easier to schedule and implement for me, but always add in my own plans to them to make things sort of CM'ish. I am planning on using the Work-box method in our homeschool also...I think it'll go great wit HOD and make my life MUCH easier as far as staying on top of things! (just need to remember to fill them every night..lol)

netpea wrote:
Momtoamayalilal2 wrote:Thanks LeeAnn, look forward to getting to know you also! :) Looks like we aren't due too far apart I'm 11 weeks 3 days pregnant with #4...just barely getting out of the morning sickness stage (hopefully)...Nice to meet you again :D
I'm glad you're pulling out of the morning sickness, I am too finally. I had it bad with this one. I go in for my 12 week checkup today. I hoping to hear that heartbeat.... :D So you'll be doing Ancients and LHTH in the fall, is that right? We'll be doing Beyond with both kids and probably finishing Bigger up with my soon to be 9yo.

Take Care of yourself.
This has been the worst for me too as far as morning sickness (at least that I remember, dh said it was worst with my last pregnancy...but I beg to differ :lol: ). It seems to be better some days, and then worst the next...so I am still just trying to plug along and remember that I only have a couple of weeks of it left (i normally get better around 13 weeks) God willing!
I have my 12 weeks appt next week ! Isn't it so exciting! I seen the heartbeat at 8 weeks but haven't heard it yet, so I am looking forward to that :)
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

Mamma Joy

Post by Mamma Joy » Wed May 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Welcome to the boards!!
Joyanna
Wife to Mr. Wonderful for 18 yrs
Priviledged Mama to be able to homeschool 4 great kids
DD T.O.D. to be a Keeper
DD bigger with ext. & TOD
DS bigger
DD bigger
Tutor to many
DITHOR for all

O God Your Word has given me life.Psalm 119:50

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Hello, I am also doing CTC with my oldest girl (but she is 11) and LHTH with my 41/2 and almost 3 year old girls. I will also be doing bigger with the 2 boys inbetween the girls and high school classes with my two older than the CTC girl. I look forward to comparing notes.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu May 28, 2009 6:25 pm

I'll be doing CTC with my 10 year old, Beyond with my almost 7 year old, LHTH with my 3 year old, and piloting some of our new guide with my 13 year old! I'll look forward to comparing notes with all of you as we go too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie