Pictures of my School Room

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Pictures of my School Room

Post by Tree House Academy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:17 am

I had a request via e-mail to post pics of my school room. I assume it came from my description of it in the post about workboxes. :) Anyway, it is not the greatest, but we sure enjoy it. Hope it is okay to post this here.

Walking in:

My little fella's area. You can the little cubbies. Art supplies are on the bottom, art paper in the middle, and little guy's supplies on the top.

The large table is where my older guy works.

A backed up shot of the other side of the room

My area (with my favorite website on the computer. ;))

These are our book drawers. We store all curriculum books in these that we are currently USING. Stuff we aren't using going in the bookshelf.

You can kinda see my big white closet doors on the right of the dry erase board. I store lots of stuff in there, but it is definitely not picture worthy right now! LOL

Here is my makeshift bookshelf. Ahhhh...to look forward to the day when I can have a REAL bookshelf in my school room!

And the whole room -

End of tour. :mrgreen:
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

angela&4boys

Re: Pictures of my School Room

Post by angela&4boys » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:36 am

These are beautiful! And I can't help but notice those gorgeous floors!

We are just now changing our schoolroom to another bedroom because Noah (2) outgrew Mom and Dad's room. I miss it already, but the boys do have desks in their room. [sigh]

Happy schooling!

In Him,
~Angela~
wife to Greg
Mama to Alex, Aaron, Ben, & Noah
2012-13 Rev to Rev

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

dale1088

Post by dale1088 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:38 am

Ooooooohhhhhhhh LOOK at those floors! Sorry, I know that's not what this post is about, but I love hardwood floors!

Your space looks great! I ttok over dh's "library/study" for our homeschool room so it still has lots of his stuff in it and none of the cute "school" posters. We might be moving and if so I will have a chance to create from scratch the space I want. If not, then I will redesign this space this summer.

You've done a great job Rebecca!
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 am

Very nice school room! (And floors :lol: )
7 awesome kids!

3 graduated
4 at home this fall
DD6 Beyond
DS10 Preparing
DS13 MTMM
DS16 online high school

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 am

What a beautiful schoolroom. I love how you have the HOD website on your computer screen. ;) The floors are beautiful too, something for me to strive for with our hardwood floors (they need to be sanded and poly--- whatever) The cat fits perfectly in their too.
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 am

Ok, I'm ashamed to say that we have a large room (with hardwood) and plenty of shelves now, but it doesn't look anything like yours! It's a giant pile. It would be so much pleasanter to work in Your schoolroom! :lol: Your room looks wonderful.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:21 am

Gorgeous room. I have to try to bat down the envy bug when I see you ladies with wonderful spaces for schooling. :oops: :wink: That is just wonderful! Very nicely laid out and I love the big window for plenty of sunlight! Thanks for sharing.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:35 am

Very nice! We are fortunate enough to have a school room too, but it also doubles as the playroom. That brings a set of challenges, but it's MUCH better than when we were trying to do school in the kitchen (dh was not very pleased with the constant clutter that created!).

I too love your floors. I hope someday we can put wood floors in this house. It's a parsonage though, so we won't be able to do anything like that until the carpet needs replacing.

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Thanks ladies. LOL I told dh that the floors were a real hit! haha. At the time when we built the house, he was an engineering manager for a wood flooring company (see where I am going with this...LOL). We have Oak plank in the school room/living room/dining room, Natural Cherry in the bedrooms and the foyer and up the stairs, and knotted Hickory in the "Man Room." I love my floors too. :) I just wish we hadn't put cherry in the bedrooms. The boys were too young and cherry is too soft. There are dents and dings in the floor and when they are bigger, it is going to have to be replaced.

I really enjoy the school room. It can look like a lot of clutter sometimes to me, but it all has a purpose and a space. I spend a lot of time in this room because I do so love to tweak and improve on what I have. I would love to see all of your school rooms too! :mrgreen:
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

momof2n2

Post by momof2n2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:24 pm

my school room is the dining room table
my "bookshelves" are plastic, dollar store totes
I'd love a wonderful schoolroom like that...
but we do most of our work on the couch anyway! :O

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I love your room! Ours is a curtained off corner in our unfinished basement. Not much to look at, but it does hold all the stuff nicely and has the play area on the other side of the curtain for the little guy. At least it's heated now.

Your room and floors look great!
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Lovely, Rebecca!! :D It's so neat and tidy. (We keep our school stuff in the dining room...and don't even have a closet on the main floor of the house. We're going to have to add some sort of storage place in a couple of years assuming my family still wants to eat. :wink: :lol: )

I seriously loved how many surfaces you had in those pictures that were empty. Our big desk seems to just attract papers that need a home. And, if I happen to clean the papers off...the dust! I was really considering having my little 2 write their letters in dust for LHTH this week...and then letting them "erase" with a dust cloth. (Maybe you should add that idea to the guide, Carrie?!? :D :roll: :D ) I LOVE living out in the country, but I dusted on Tues afternoon and today we could have written in the dust on the piano...and I didn't even have the windows open!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

1GirlTwinBoys

Post by 1GirlTwinBoys » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:35 pm

Your space looks great and VERY organized. I so love organization and if I wasn't a homeschooling mama, would want to be a professional organizer. :P
Daughter~ 7 (2nd grade)
Twin Boys~ 6 (1st grade)

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:49 pm

I kind of took the school room over when we started homeschooling. The room used to be the guest room/office. Now, we have nowhere for guests to sleep! Okay, well, there is my husband's "man room," (which is more the size of a small apartment since it is over the two car garage and is the same size!) but who wants to sleep in there? Haha.
~Rebecca~

familygirl

Post by familygirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Oh my I love love love your room. (I have hardwood floors too, so I hardly noticed yours until all the comments...then I went back to take a look and I agree, they're great!) We have a hs room but I mostly just store our hs stuff in it. We always end up doing school in the kitchen or living room. I have two little ones and there's no way my older boys would be able to concentrate with the little ones in the room with them.
Thanks for sharing...I'd love to see other rooms. Maybe I'll clean mine up and take a few shots to post....