OT:Those of you planning on attending the Atlanta conference

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
anointedhsmom

OT:Those of you planning on attending the Atlanta conference

Post by anointedhsmom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:57 am

Hi all. I wanted to post very quickly to let anyone that is planning on attending the Atlanta homeschool conference that I will be coming too. I am thinking of coming up on Th afternoon because I live in Nashville and it's around a 3.5 drive for me to get to Atlanta. If anyone would like to room with me and split the cost please IM me and we can talk about it.

I can't wait to meet Carrie, Julie, and anyone else that will be there from the HOD clan. I also can't wait together with all the HODies that will be there. It's such an honor and blessing to be a part of this community! :D
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

lmercon

Re: OT:Those of you planning on attending the Atlanta conference

Post by lmercon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:13 am

Oh, lucky girl, I mean "blessed" girl! Might be too far to drive from PA! Have a great time.
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

momto3ms

Post by momto3ms » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:02 am

Oh, that is great. We are planning on going too. I usually go with other mom's that homeschool, but this year I talked my husband into going so that he can see what a blessing it is to see such a vast array of homeschooling "knowledge" in one place. I had planned on going to the conference in Nashville in May, but changed my mind when I saw that Carrie & HOD where not going to be there. I sure do wish they were going to Nashville, it is only a 1.5 hour drive for me(hint, hint, Carrie) :lol: . Hope to meet some of you here.

Sonya
www.momto3ms.blogspot.com
------------------------------------------------
Matthew 13yo - 7th grade
MacKenzie 10yo 5th grade
Mason 4yo Preschool
Soon to be official HOD in the new school year

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 am

Ladies,
is this the Southeast Expo that is at the end of July?
I am planning on attending this... I believe my whole family is planning on making the trip. It is a two hour drive for us.
I am looking forward to this so much!!! :mrgreen:
Rebecca

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes that's the one! You can learn more about it at their web site http://www.georgiahomeschool.com/module ... ticleid=15 If you are planning on attending don't forget to register early. It will cost a bit more at the door if you don't. :)

Can't wait to meet everyone!
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 pm

I also am going. We should try to meet up some time while we are all there. We will have to plan something when the time gets near. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 pm

I am trying to talk DH into letting me come. I don't know if he will want to come with me or not. If not, maybe I could come down early and stay with you. Have you checked out any hotels yet?
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

my4sugars

Post by my4sugars » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:01 pm

I was just talking to my dh about attending the conference in Atlanta. I've never been and didn't really see a reason to, until I saw that Carrie and crew were going to be there. It has become my main goal for this summer! I'm not sure if dh will come with me, but I'm definitely going to attend. Can't wait to put a face to some of the names from the board! I'm sooooo excited!
Kimi~
Mama to the 4
greatest kids
this side of heaven!
Jesse, Shannon, Mary, & Seth

3ringcircus

Post by 3ringcircus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:04 pm

My husband and I plan on attending. We went to NCHE last year but the scheduling wouldn't work out so we are going to try Atlanta this year. I seem to remember a previous post in which someone had hotel recommendations that were not specified. It would be great to stay in the same place with other HODies!
KL - Rev2Rev, DITHOR
E - PHFHG, DITHOR
MG - BHFHG
L - making messes and smiles

jensmom

Post by jensmom » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm

I live less than 20 miles from the convention site so I will be driving over each day. There are a couple of hotels on site since this is a very busy, mall/convention center/restaurant area located right off the loop - 285. It is held at the Cobb Galleria. The closest hotel is The Waverly which is connected to the mall/food court area so you can walk to the expo without going out in the blazing heat. If you go to the Expo website, http://www.georgiahomeschool.com/module ... ?itemid=34, there is a special right now for rooms for the expo. Don't wait too long to resreve a room or you will not get one close by. I have friends who reserve a year in advance and make this an annual girls outing. :lol:

Also, the Sheraton Suites Galleria is close by and across 285 (so you would need to drive) is Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Sumner Suites. Just check the Cobb Galleria area if you need more information about the area.

See you there! In fact, once the schedule is released we should set a "Meet n Greet" time for the HODies to get together. :wink:

Judy
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Yes I am looking at booking a room at the Waverly for this trip. When I went to Atlanta a couple of years ago I stayed about 10 minutes away and it was fine but the discount rate for the Waverly is really good. I did call the Waverly to make sure they weren't booked already for those rooms and they do still have availability so again I will say that I am open to someone staying with me if you want to. I have had 2 people say they are interested in staying and the rooms will sleep 4 so assuming that the other 2 people do come and stay there is still room for at least 1 more person.

Let me know ladies! I am so happy to be able to meet so many other HODies.

Judy - I totally agree that as it gets a bit closer we can set a time to meet somewhere. This is going to be so fun!
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7

Benelli

Post by Benelli » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Boy, I sure wish I could join you all for this! What fun to get all together in person. But, it's a 10 hour drive for me. :cry:
Lisa, Mama to 7 -

PHFHG with Ben (9) and Ellie (11) with extensions
BLHFHG half-speed with Sophie (8) and Anthony (7) with Emerging Readers and Draw*Write*Now
LHFHG with Thomas (7) and Nicholas (5) with Emerging Readers
and Lily Jane (2) tagging along

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:41 pm

my4sugars wrote:I was just talking to my dh about attending the conference in Atlanta. I've never been and didn't really see a reason to, until I saw that Carrie and crew were going to be there. It has become my main goal for this summer! I'm not sure if dh will come with me, but I'm definitely going to attend. Can't wait to put a face to some of the names from the board! I'm sooooo excited!
I am going to look at things for high school in terms of LA, Science, Math, world view. I have never been to a convention and I think it will be fun to go and not have the stress of having to look at unit studies and decide anything. My oldest will be in 7th and I just want to know where I am heading with them all in the future and if what we are using in Math and LA will get us where we need to be ultimately. So it's pretty much an information trip. I am sure I will not buy anything :wink:, hahahaha!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:10 pm

I was just talking to my dh about attending the conference in Atlanta. I've never been and didn't really see a reason to, until I saw that Carrie and crew were going to be there. It has become my main goal for this summer! I'm not sure if dh will come with me, but I'm definitely going to attend. Can't wait to put a face to some of the names from the board! I'm sooooo excited!
I've never been either and DS is still young, but I thought it would be fun especially since I don't know anyone around me that homeschools. I checked out the workshops though and several of them sound really interesting. Plus, I think it will be tons of fun to look through all the booths and get some ideas of what's out there. And, I'm looking forward to meeting all of the HODies!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:54 pm

We are very excited to be headed to Atlanta and really looking forward to seeing any of you precious ladies who can come! :D For those of you who we won't meet on the road this year, we are so grateful to be able to share your lives through the board. You are all very dear to us! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie