just wanted to share

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
April

just wanted to share

Post by April » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:02 pm

I just wanted to share what a great experience we are having with LHFHG. My daughter turned 5 in July and would have just made the cut off for public school around here. So I was not sure if she would be ready for LHFHG or not. She is doing fine. She loves it especially the bible stories. The other day we were doing a devotional out of devotions for the children's hour and it was called "how the baby Jesus was different from every other baby". One of the questions What would have been different if Joseph would have been Jesus' father? She said then we would have our sins forever. It's just nice to see she's really getting it. The next day was a devotional on "who is satan" and that has spurred on a whole bunch of questions. I just love how this curriculum gets her talking and thinking.
mom to three
G 7/03, Z 1/04, A 7/05

marypoppins

Re: just wanted to share

Post by marypoppins » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:20 pm

April,

It is so nice to hear others' experiences! You have a smart little dd!

I am also doing LHFHG with my kinder. dd. I feel like we are getting to bond with each other and share such meaningful talks over our LHGHG lessons. My dd has even started drawing pictures of herself and Jesus sitting together, holding hands, talking together, and she always decorates them with lots of hearts, and writes things like "I love God." :D She also has dog-eared a ton of pages in her little devotional bible (like more than 50 :shock: ), and I was initially irritated when I first saw it, but when I asked her why she did it, she said she marked all the pages with Jesus' picture or pictures that reminded her of Him so she could look at them and be reminded of Him whenever she wanted. Wow. It just melts my heart and humbles me all at the same time....

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Ooh, Ladies, I LOVE to read things like this! We just recently went over the devotional on Baby Jesus and on Satan too, and we had such great discussions. It does my heart such good to hear the way your kiddos are hiding Jesus in their heart, and how He is drawing them near. What a work that only He can do in their hearts. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:32 pm

April,
I really enjoyed reading your post and hearing of your daughter's wonderful and meaningful connections to the bible portion of LHFHG. There really is not anything more satisfying than seeing your child's relationship with God form and develop. There is just something really wonderful about the way that HOD supports and nutures that relationship. Thank you for sharing with us. :D

Marypoppins,
Your daughter sounds absolutely precious with her sweet drawings, and the numerous dog-ear pages of Jesus. I have to tell you, reading that melted my heart also. There is just something really special and wonderful about seeing your child make the most important connection ever...the connection with Jesus! Enjoy the bonding and thank you for sharing! :D

Merry Christmas Fellow Hodies!
Candice

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Oh April,

What a beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing this as it's so easy to forget the #1 reason we have for living and breathing and that is to Praise God and to Know God. You are doing such a wonderful job with your precious little one and I pray that as the year goes on you will store up these memories to fall back on as she grows and gets older. (Big Smile)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:42 pm

marypoppins wrote:My dd has even started drawing pictures of herself and Jesus sitting together, holding hands, talking together, and she always decorates them with lots of hearts, and writes things like "I love God." :D She also has dog-eared a ton of pages in her little devotional bible (like more than 50 :shock: ), and I was initially irritated when I first saw it, but when I asked her why she did it, she said she marked all the pages with Jesus' picture or pictures that reminded her of Him so she could look at them and be reminded of Him whenever she wanted. Wow. It just melts my heart and humbles me all at the same time....
Oh this is just PRECIOUS! I still have younger boys, but these testimonies are even more precious to me as a mother of a 17 year old. I am so thankful the Lord allowed me to homeschool him and to store up memories. Just today my Brandon wanted to talk with me (in sincere love) about an heart issue he saw me struggling with regarding my MIL. I thought I was covering well, but this son was able to help direct me back to the throne. These moments in the younger years are the treasures of those older ones. (sob)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:02 pm

I love hearing stories like this! It makes me look forward to those days with my own little guy!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:00 am

That is wonderful April! I love how this program seems to speak to their hearts and not just their minds.