Question on spelling for 10 year old?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mn_kids

Question on spelling for 10 year old?

Post by mn_kids » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 pm

We just started BHFHG 2 weeks ago and totally love it, in fact it feels so amazingly written just for me. I am combining two boys, ages 8 and 10, and the spelling lists or dictation passages are good for my 8 year old but my 10 year old needs more. We have never done any formal stuff except for copywork- what do you ladies suggest for him? He sometimes has trouble sounding out big words if that helps. Thanks again and so excited to be on this journey :lol:

my3sons

Re: Question on spelling for 10 year old?

Post by my3sons » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Well, I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying BHFHG! :D We loved it when we did it last year too, and rest assured you will enjoy PHFHG just as much too. :wink: I am wondering if you could just order the PHFHG guide and do Level 4 of dictation? It's pretty advanced if you ask me. 8) If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll find the samples typed out there.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1221

Be sure to let us know what you think of that. The dictation is just so good, it would be easy to up the level of it and fill that need if it looks about right for your ds.

In Christ,
Julie :)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie