I'm here and excited to embark on this journey!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mn_kids

I'm here and excited to embark on this journey!!

Post by mn_kids » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:20 am

I have been looking and talking about HOD for a year and a half now and after a tough year trying something else I have sold it off and am buying Bigger Hearts. My boys are 8 and 10 and it looks just perfect with the extension pack. I have been using LHTH and my 3 year old loves that so now we are going to be HOD complete converts :D I am excited because after going back and forth and back and forth I feel peaceful about this decision. So good to meet you mommies and I have enjoyed learning from all of you already reading posts!!

inHistiming

Re: I'm here and excited to embark on this journey!!

Post by inHistiming » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:29 am

Yeah, & welcome to HOD! I am using Bigger...with my 10 yo boy and 8 yo girl...and LHTH with my 5 yo boy. Bigger... has been a great fit and we love what we're learning...I feel sure you'll all love your year too! Hope to get to know you better here on the boards. :o

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:55 pm

mn_kids,

Hi and welcome to Heart Of Dakota! It is nice to have you here!
We have gone through most of LHTH and are now doing LHFHG, and my daughter and I are enjoying it very much.
Look forward to getting to know you.

Candice :D

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Another warm welcome here! :D :D My story looks much like yours. :wink: I started using LHTH with my dd while doing something else with my oldest (didn't even know HOD had more programs)...and it lured us in! We are loving using Bigger and LHTH this year!! I'm sure that you'll have a great time with it!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Welcome! We're glad to have you here. I am so excited for you to use Bigger Hearts too. We used it last year and really enjoyed ourselves. I love the enthusiasm that embarking on something new brings. We look forward to getting to know you and in sharing your HOD journey. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:19 pm

Welcome to HOD and even better Bigger Hearts. We are using Bigger with my 9 year old son. You will really enjoy it I have no doubt. Jump in and join the board when you have time. We all love talking HOD :D

Blessings!
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:05 am

Welcome! You are following in my footsteps. That is exactly what I did. It was such a blessing and I have never looked back. In fact we used the fact that we started off season to enable us to have a four day week and it has been wonderful. I know you will love it and welcome! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Welcome! I know you will love it. We started LHFHG this past May and are over halfway through and I'm already looking forward to starting Beyond.. this spring and LHTH soon with my almost 3 yo. All of HOD is great and I don't think you can go wrong with any of it.
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG