jesse and mansmomma

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamaof3peas

jesse and mansmomma

Post by mamaof3peas » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:56 pm

hi girls, i just now looked at the hod addiction thread and saw you were both from il. i live about an hour west and south of springfield. maybe we could all get togethor in springfield, since that is about an hour from all of us. i have a dd 8, ds 6, and dd 9mos. we are just getting ready to start beyond as soon as i get my read alouds in the mail. this is new territory for us, weve always used all abeka, but this yr learned about the CM way of doing things, then found hod. so my kids would love to meet other hs kids. they dont really know too many. and i too would love for a hod conference to come within driving distance. when will carrie post her conferences for next year? how long have you girls been using hod? glad to have met you. i would be more than willing to chat on the phone, as i have unlimited long distance so my email address is thmtwdec99@hotmail.com if anyone would like to visit. also, mansmomma, if i remember from your signature, do you have a dd my dd 8 age? do you think she would like to be pen pals? my dd only has 2 girlfriends. one we go to church with and they hs and the other is her cousin who is also hs. well, it is late and my ds just woke up with vomiting and diarrhea an hour ago, so i better sleep while i can. we havent had a stomach bug for almost a year now but i guess it is that time of year. Heather

Jessi

Re: jesse and mansmomma

Post by Jessi » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:40 pm

I'd love to get together sometime!! I may have to postpone until after Christmas though because I am really busy ( as I am sure you both are too) but maybe we can hook up after that!! This is great to see several of you within driving distance of me! My homeschooling world keeps getting smaller....here I didn't know anyone, now I am in a group, and now I am meeting ladies using the same curriculum as me that are close! YES! I'll get your email and we can talk.

Thanks!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

mamaof3peas

Post by mamaof3peas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:52 pm

that sounds great. do you have a daycare in your home? i thought i remember reading that somewhere. after christmas is just fine. so your dc are younger right? gosh i remember when my 2 oldest where prek age. we just did a little bit then, nothing regularly scheduled, but it was so fun when they were learning their numbers and letters, so simple. my youngest is only 9 mos, so i will have that time coming up again in a few years. is springfield an ok place to meet? i dont know what we could do, but im sure there has to be something fun in spfld that we could go do. in the spring we could go to their little zoo. its kind of nice. Heather

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 pm

Heather...I emailed you direct...tt ya soon!!

Joy
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....