Crazy excited!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom2Monkeys

Crazy excited!

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:30 pm

I am so incredibly excited to get to start HOD with my 3 littles very soon! I want to start the day it arrives if possible. So, can anyone tell me what supplies I'll need for LHTH and Beyond? I'd like to go ahead and be preparing for box day!

TIA :D
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

eazbnsmom

Re: Crazy excited!

Post by eazbnsmom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Masking Tape, lots & lots of masking tape! :wink:
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Oh...I'm excited for you...bc we are two days...two days!!...into Beyond and we LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! You need masking tape for day 1...the only thing I needed to buy right away is vegetable shortening bc I didn't have that...but that isn't until day 3...I think? Anyway...I am here doing a happy dance over our switch...and I will do one for you too!! LOL Carrie is definitely gifted and blessed and she has completely blessed my family...God is now a part of our learning throughout the day...as opposed to a topic...it is an incredible blessing to my family and I pray you find the same thing...YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:30 pm

eazbnsmom wrote:Masking Tape, lots & lots of masking tape! :wink:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You'll need black tempera paint & a white crayon for Day 1 of LHTH. That and tape should get you through the week with LHTH! :wink: I don't have Beyond, so can't help you there. I think I've heard other moms say that you need index cards for all the spelling words. I'm doing Bigger and LHTH, and I honestly don't look ahead at all, and we always have what we need round the house (or can easily substitute something that'll work fine). Thank you, Carrie!!!! :D

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:09 am

ROFL about the masking tape. :D

So, no certain binders with labled tabs, etc??

I am beyond excited! I didn't think I would even get to start HOD this year, but God made a way! I am so thrilled and so are my kids. DD was excited to see the first weeks plans online and commented "now this is more like it"...lol. What we were using was fun for me, but over her head. So she is so anxious to get her hands on it!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:12 pm

My girls do each have a binder. We put their copywork and poem activities in it.

HTH
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....