OT- Prayer Request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

OT- Prayer Request

Post by water2wine » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:46 pm

I have a prayer request and I am not even sure where to begin. My father died last night in his sleep. He had a heart attack. Several thing that are hard other than the obvious. Was he a believer? Hard to know. He could talk the Bible better than probably most people you know but he pretty much lived the life of Ecclesiastes. I believe he knew he was going to die before it happened so I can only pray he made things right. He was at one time in his life a Baptist Sunday school teacher. We have had several very good talks on the phone recently thank you Jesus, but unfortunately the last time I saw him was a year ago and it was one of the worst memories I have with him. He basically disapproved of everything I was doing with my life. In looking back it may have been a mixed blessing because it forced me to resolve all my issues with my dad and come to peace before he died. He was my last living parent and my kids last grandparent, except for my step-mother.

This is going to be hardest from my stepmother I think. She has no way to support herself and he did not leaver her anything, they owned nothing. I am going to speak to my husband about offering to have her live with us. I do not think she will come because it puts her too far away from her daughter but I want to be able to offer it to her. I am sure my husband would agree. I pray that her daughter will also offer since I know that is what my step-mother would want ultimately but I would like to offer sincerely just the same.

So basically if you would just pray for my family. There are many things that need to be handled that I have no clue as to how they will work. Please pray that I can be a blessing to my brothers, sister and step-mother. That is my deepest desire in this. I will probably be leaving for CA Wed to be with them. Please pray for my step mother that she will come to God in this, and for my sister who and brother that do not believe there is a God, and for my one believing brother who will have much to sort through over my dads death.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

mamas4bugs

Re: OT- Prayer Request

Post by mamas4bugs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm so sorry. Praying for you and your family.

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Sorry that this has happened. I hope that you are able to find peace in our Lord during this difficult time.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:17 pm

I will be praying for your family as you deal with your loss and the decisions you need to make.
In christian love,

Amey

Post by Amey » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:38 pm

So sorry :( Praying for you and your family..
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Oh Brenda,

I am SO SOOOO Sorry for your loss my friend. I pray that you would feel the absolute and utter peace of the Lord in the days to come. I am lifting your conversation with your husband up to the Lord and asking that He would move according to HIS will and I also pray for your step mother. You have such a tender tender heart for Jesus and for people Brenda. I won't forget you or your family in the days to come. (((Big BIG cyber hugs))) Mary
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:28 pm

I am praying and thinking of you now...for you and your family....I could "feel" you're heart in your message...WOW...amazing!!
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Brenda,

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: Here's another big cyber hug...even though it's not the same as a real one!

Here are some verses that have really been an encouragement to me in trials.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

I'm praying that the God of all comfort will minister to your soul now...and that you'll be able to be the vessel that passes that on to your family in the days ahead!

Your sister in Christ,
Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:58 am

Thank you guys for your prayers. Kathleen I will remember that verse. It is perfect. I have now been able to reach both my brothers and talk to my husband about if he would be open to having my step mother live with us. He is and is sincere but only if there are no other options. There is some wisdom in that for a lot of reasons. But I am glad that I have that option to offer if I need to do that. I would hate for her to be alone. Also now that I am thinking about it my stepmother confessed to me just before this happened that for all the success her daughter was having (she is in med school), she failed her in the most important way which she said was giving her religion. It's odd for her to realize that and not be a Christian herself.

So please pray for my witness to them. I failed in this when my mother died because I just fell apart but this time I feel a burden to witness to them all. Please pray that God will open the door. If they had a common theme about them all that they share with my dad it would be the chasing after the wind. I pray that they will see that and be looking for the true meaning to life in Him. Both my brother's need it. One is saved but not experiencing victory in his life. The other actually has things going pretty well and he is a "rock star" and has a pretty normal life except he is on the road about half the year chasing after a level of success he has never quite hit. He is caught up in beliefs that are not of God but has no real "religion".

Thank you for your prayers! I really appreciate all you wonderful and dear ladies on this board. It's so great that we get to share with each other in the good and the hard times. And most importantly share in the joy of disciplining our children for Him! All this time we put in and what we use to educate them matters so much. What we are building will be handed down from generation to generation and it matters. I know you all know that but I am just seeing how much it matters right now in my life. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13

mom2fiveboysnc

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:19 am

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will be praying for you and your entire family. I have always loved reading your posts on this board and HSR because your love for God shines through in everything you say. I appreciate every bit of advice you have ever given me on this board and you don't even know me so I am sure you family appreciates you so much more :D
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
((((HUGS))))
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:36 am

mom2fiveboysnc Thank You! That is an awesome verse. I will pray it. I appreciate it and thank you for your kind words. :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Water2wine - Here is another big hug being sent your way! I am so sorry about all of this. :cry: I will pray for you, which is the best way I can help. God is big enough to handle this and help you through it. God will use your life in a way that fits His purpose best - so it is never a waste to be a light for Jesus. Even if we feel like our witness went unheeded, God will use it for His plan in some way. Please don't feel the pressure to "save" as I have felt before. It's not something we have the power to do as much as we want to - keep being the light you are already for Jesus, water2wine - He is using it for His good even as I type this. I know I benefit ALL OF THE TIME from your words here and on other boards. You are already a witness and a light to so many. God is already using you and your faith in mighty ways! But may God be with you as you speak to those you love about Him, and may He open their hearts to listen with new ears. I will pray for you!!!

In Christ,
Julie
Last edited by my3sons on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:04 pm

W2W,

I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you and for your family.

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on You! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock." ~Isaiah 26:3-4
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father and the difficult time you are going through. We'll pray for you and your family and pray for clarity on the road that's ahead for you. Be mindful of your own health my dear, keeping your kiddos and hubby's dependence on you in the forefront of your mind as you strive for the Lord's balance as far as your stepmother goes too.

Blessings,
Carrie

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:27 pm

water2wine,

Praying for you, that your journey will be a safe one. That you will have the strength of the Lord right with you...He is our strong tower. And that His light will shine through to all who need to see Him that you may come in contact with. Take this time to grieve...it's normal for all of us. I am so sorry you're going through this, and you will be on my mind this week.

Yours in Christ,

Wendy