Chemistry in US History I

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LovingJesus

Chemistry in US History I

Post by LovingJesus » Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:22 pm

When I’ve used this book previously, I have used the tests.

Has anyone ever used Carrie’s option of not using the tests?

I have one child who does not like science, and has never liked science so I’m wondering if doing Carrie’s option of the Chemistry part of US History I without tests would be a good idea.

In our state an algebra based lab science is required for graduation. I don’t think Physics would be any easier.

Thoughts? No tests?
Thankful for Jesus Christ, my DH, our four children, and homeschooling. Homeschooled since 2007

daybreaking

Re: Chemistry in US History I

Post by daybreaking » Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:30 pm

For a non-science child, I would not bother with the tests. You'll be able to tell from the comprehension checks and chapter reviews whether your child is grasping the material. As long as your child is doing all of the reading and all of the experiments, along with the checks and reviews - including correcting them completely - that will definitely be enough. :)

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd17

LovingJesus

Re: Chemistry in US History I

Post by LovingJesus » Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:17 pm

Thank you, daybreaking, for the reassurance and confirmation that it is okay to skip the tests this time around! :D

The labs, lab write-ups, readings, questions, and reviews are going well. They are a challenge, but they are also successful.

Thank you!
Thankful for Jesus Christ, my DH, our four children, and homeschooling. Homeschooled since 2007