Anyone in Texas??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tafania

Anyone in Texas??

Post by tafania » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 pm

I am in San Antonio and was wondering if anyone else is on here from my area or from Texas is general??
Taffy Blake
WAHM
Homeschooling my 6 year old daugher using Beyond and my 3 year old son with LHTH. Don't know yet what I will do with my 1 year old son!! LOL I am also an Air Force wife and Lactation Consultant.
www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome

Christy in Texas

Re: Anyone in Texas??

Post by Christy in Texas » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm in Austin! We used to live in New Braunfels. Where do yo go to church?
Christy, wife to Danny of 14 years, mom to
Brycen 5/7/99
Emily 10/10/02
Hannah 10/10/02

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm

I am! We're actually going to San Antonio in a few weeks. There are quite a few of us from Texas on here. There was a thread a while back.... I'd look but all 3 kids are asleep so I'm going to take advantage and go to sleep too! :lol:
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

Matt'sMom

Post by Matt'sMom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:20 pm

Hello,

I'm from Weatherford, TX. That is about 30 miles west of Ft. Worth. It is a nice place to live and to hs.

Durea

Amey

Post by Amey » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:58 pm

I'm from Texas! I was actually born in Weatherford :D , grew up in the DFW area (Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Southlake), did our missions training in East Texas (Tyler, Lindale) and lived there for 8 years. Then my husband and I attended spanish language school in McAllen, South Texas so we lived there for a year. Now we are living in Mexico. Oh yeah, hubby is from Houston...so all TEXAN here :lol:
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

Matt'sMom

Post by Matt'sMom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Amey,
Do you still have family in weatherford? I wonder if I know them? We should PM each other and throw some names around. It's a small world you know!

Durea

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:41 am

Hi there!
I am also in Texas - Keene, Texas (south of Burleson) - not born here, just moved here 20 something years ago!
Any of you starting Beyond this year? We should get together sometime :)
Dorla

jessyb26

Post by jessyb26 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:18 am

I am in Fort Worth. Originally from Amarillo but moved here almost 2 years ago. We are doing LHFHG this year but I would love to get together with anyone doing HOD from this area.

ashleyoe2

Post by ashleyoe2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:07 am

Yes, I am also in San Antonio. This is our first year using HOD and we are using LHFHG. We are planning on starting on Monday. Are you involved in any homeschooling groups here?