IEW in a co-op setting

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
woodrumfamily

IEW in a co-op setting

Post by woodrumfamily » Wed May 24, 2023 2:02 pm

Has anyone ever used the IEW Medieval Based Writing Lessons schedule in a group or co-op setting? I am planning on doing this in ours next year. I've been through the HOD plans for this writing program with 2 of my kids already, so I'm familiar with how it works. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if there are any tips or things I should/shouldn't do! Thanks!

crlacey

Re: IEW in a co-op setting

Post by crlacey » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:28 am

I have taught the original IEW in a co-op setting. My daughter is getting ready to do the Myths and Fairytales version next co-op so I know the themes can be done.

The only thing I wish I had known to was to print out the checklist to include with each paper I graded. It would have been a bigger help to both me and the student.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH