DS6 - "EVERY Day is a Fun Activity, Mom!"

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

DS6 - "EVERY Day is a Fun Activity, Mom!"

Post by Jaimejac » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:09 pm

As we were sitting down to Week 17 Day 3 of Beyond, I said to DS6, "Oohh, we have a really fun activity today!" And he responds, "EVERY day is a fun activity, Mom. You don't have to say if it's a fun activity or not because they ALL are!" So sweet! So grateful to HOD for making every day FUN for my boy!

Today's activity was creating a river out of playdough and labeling it's parts. Well, you just can't plan this kind of thing because later in the day we went for a walk. It's a 42 degree day in WI. Positivity spring-like. The sun is melting a rivulet in the ice on the side of the road that looked just like a river. It was the perfect opportunity to identify what would be the source, mouth, riverbanks and riverbed and especially to talk about which way the water was running to determine what would be the source and what would be the mouth.
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

MomOfLittleWomen

Re: DS6 - "EVERY Day is a Fun Activity, Mom!"

Post by MomOfLittleWomen » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:09 pm

My 6 year old daughter is the same way! She loves the activities in Little Hearts for His Glory! I’m glad to hear Beyond has been fun for your son 😊 I’m excited to start it in September.

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:59 pm

My almost 7yo calls history and storytime (and everything related to them) "fun school.". He loves that part of the day!
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:01 pm

Jaimejac wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:09 pm
As we were sitting down to Week 17 Day 3 of Beyond, I said to DS6, "Oohh, we have a really fun activity today!" And he responds, "EVERY day is a fun activity, Mom. You don't have to say if it's a fun activity or not because they ALL are!" So sweet! So grateful to HOD for making every day FUN for my boy!

Today's activity was creating a river out of playdough and labeling it's parts. Well, you just can't plan this kind of thing because later in the day we went for a walk. It's a 42 degree day in WI. Positivity spring-like. The sun is melting a rivulet in the ice on the side of the road that looked just like a river. It was the perfect opportunity to identify what would be the source, mouth, riverbanks and riverbed and especially to talk about which way the water was running to determine what would be the source and what would be the mouth.
I just LOVED reading this, Jaime! Your son has a wonderful, joyful attitude toward his homeschooling! Attitudes of parents set the tone for attitudes of children. So, I like YOUR attitude too!

I have been so grateful to HOD for making our homeschool days fun too. Many times, we also found we could easily connect the rest of our day (outside of homeschooling) to our learning in HOD. I remember that playdough/river/labeling activity, and the walk you went on sounds like the perfect opportunity to make a memorable connection! Also, on a side note, Charlotte Mason would be proud of you for getting out in God's creation and going for a walk! She personally did so on every occasion she could; she even had a pair of rain boots at-the-ready, so she could walk on rainy days too.

Give your little guy a big HOD hug from me! Thanks for encouraging others here with this post, and I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday homeschooling your kiddos with HOD!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie